show_img.asp

Video Memory - 2GB GDDR5
Engine Clock - 850MHz
Memory Clock - 1200MHz (4.8Gbps)
Memory Interface - 256bit
DirectX® Support - 11
Bus StandardPCIE - 2.1

Tom DWC

Ooh, do we know if it comes with diff clock speeds to the regular 5870?

I think it's identical except for the doubling of the memory. An extra £33 for the 2GB version over the 1GB version so not too bad.

Had to change my version to this, just had to. Still in pre-production afterall. A PC becoming outdated is one thing but a PC becoming outdated before its been built is something else altogether!

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
I think it's identical except for the doubling of the memory. An extra £33 for the 2GB version over the 1GB version so not too bad.

Had to change my version to this, just had to. Still in pre-production afterall. A PC becoming outdated is one thing but a PC becoming outdated before its been built is something else altogether!

Couldnt agree more haha. You caught it just in the nick of time if I may say so :)

Tom DWC

You caught it just in the nick of time if I may say so

lol did I just. If I had gotten the PC and then read this thread... NERD RAGE. :mad:

Last edited:

Tom DWC

what have you got on order already?

I had the 1 gig version. I know I probably won't see any difference in terms of FPS at my resolution (1920x1080) with just the one monitor but I thought it might be useful for the future.

(It's for bragging rights as well - there's a guy I know at work who's the biggest AMD fan I've ever met. He has the 1GB version and I want to wind him up. Because of this, he'll probably have an HD 5970 by this time next week). :)

"Need" was probably a bit strong worded of me though.

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
(It's for bragging rights as well - there's a guy I know at work who's the biggest AMD fan I've ever met. He has the 1GB version and I want to wind him up. Because of this, he'll probably have an HD 5970 by this time next week). :)

Justification on its own, as long as your not paying a premium for an eyefinity card with no need for eyefinity

Tom DWC

as long as your not paying a premium for an eyefinity card with no need for eyefinity

I'd love to have the bedroom window removed and replaced with a 6 monitor setup but that's a no go at the moment. The mother's seen to that. :(

Also I don't wanna know how much 6 monitors would cost. Ow.

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
I'd love to have the bedroom window removed and replaced with a 6 monitor setup but that's a no go at the moment. The mother's seen to that. :(

Also I don't wanna know how much 6 monitors would cost. Ow.

Anything from £900 to £1200 xD