3 Beeps Fans at high Speed

benwoo

Hi all, for some reason had an odd moment today got back from work and turned on my PC and it sounded as the fans were all on high speed and after 5-10 seconds MotherBoard beeps 3 times any idea why it did that it did it 3 times then had a shower came back tried again an now its working! Wouldnt be heat issues could it?

Thank s in advance Ben

Teaz

Godlike
Beep codes should be fully detailed listed in the motherboard manual book which should be in your welcome pack.

benwoo

Yes i looked it up 1 long beep 2 quick beeps is memory but it hasnt done it since my board is M5A99X Evo, any ideas why it would just do that should i send system back or leave it to see if it happens again?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Yes i looked it up 1 long beep 2 quick beeps is memory but it hasnt done it since my board is M5A99X Evo, any ideas why it would just do that should i send system back or leave it to see if it happens again?

I'd wait for it to happen again before contacting technical support to see what is wrong.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Another thing to look out for, is little red lights/leds on the mobo, they light up and stay on if something is wrong, each light corresponds with a different problem, again you will have to look in the mobo manual to find out wht they mean. But good to be aware of the lights/leds.