3070 price increase

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
Hi just noticed that there is a price hike on my build by £50.. the difference is that a few hours ago the 3070 was available but now it has gone to preorder only again.

Any ideas what the reason might be? I presume that the price of the 3070 wouldn't fluctuate so much in a few hours (+8.5% or so)

It is not uncommon for saved builds to change pricing but that is usually a few quid's worth not that by that big a margin, or is it?

anyhow

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi just noticed that there is a price hike on my build by £50.. the difference is that a few hours ago the 3070 was available but now it has gone to preorder only again.

Any ideas what the reason might be? I presume that the price of the 3070 wouldn't fluctuate so much in a few hours (+8.5% or so)

It is not uncommon for saved builds to change pricing but that is usually a few quid's worth not that by that big a margin, or is it?

anyhow
It's stocks of a lot of components drying out, supply and demand, as soon as something is hard to get hold of, prices soar.

Plus Brexit issues are starting to take hold.

It's a lot of components prices going up substantially, plus the exchange rate issues. Expect it to get worse over the next few months, til at least April to May next year they reckon.