3070ti wait times

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's hard to tell it fluctuates quite a bit, I think I seen people sitting around the 30 day mark on 3070Ti's but like anything at the minute it's hard to speculate

closetchimp

Bronze Level Poster
I'm on 16 days pre production at the mo, hoping it'll go into building this week, but it's really anyone's guess at the mo. Fingers crossed tho. 🤞

Samiplops

I’m on 22 working days, went into building this morning. In testing now. I will update when delivered (will be really chuffed if it’s this week) and will also give information on what card etc.

Zazzri

I’m on 22 working days, went into building this morning. In testing now. I will update when delivered (will be really chuffed if it’s this week) and will also give information on what card etc.
If you don’t mind me asking, I’m on day 12, so keen to see what other 3070ti builds to get inspiration.

Can you share your full specs for it?

It may also factor into the wait time discussion.

closetchimp

Bronze Level Poster
If you don’t mind me asking, I’m on day 12, so keen to see what other 3070ti builds to get inspiration.

Can you share your full specs for it?

It may also factor into the wait time discussion.
For reference... My build is as follows:

CaseCORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPUAMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 Ti - HDMI, DP
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED LightingChange to: 50cm RGB LED Strip
Extra Case FansChange to: 3x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour

Zazzri

For reference... My build is as follows:

CaseCORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPUAMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 Ti - HDMI, DP
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED LightingChange to: 50cm RGB LED Strip
Extra Case FansChange to: 3x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour
Thanks!!

Think our only differences are CPU (I went for 5600x) and cooler.

Any reason for the better CPU/cooler?

closetchimp

Bronze Level Poster
The cpu as its got 2 more cores so just building in some redundancy in case games start utilising more cores although tbh 6 cores is absolutely fine at the moment and the 5600x is probably the more sensible choice in terms of price to performance.

The cooler, well 2 reasons, the 5800x runs hot I believe so a decent cooler is a good idea and it'll also look good in the case. So a little bit of function and style 😁

lloydx2

Im at 20 working days atm mines basically the same build as the 5800x with a few different bits and I’m hoping mine goes into building in the next few days

Zazzri

The cpu as its got 2 more cores so just building in some redundancy in case games start utilising more cores although tbh 6 cores is absolutely fine at the moment and the 5600x is probably the more sensible choice in terms of price to performance.

The cooler, well 2 reasons, the 5800x runs hot I believe so a decent cooler is a good idea and it'll also look good in the case. So a little bit of function and style 😁

Thank you, I may look into the 5800x just in case! Keep updating this as and when you get them if possible with me being a fair bit behind I think I am at least a few weeks out.

Samiplops

I don’t know how to post the full specs Sorry but mine is essentially the same as closetchimps. 5600x and 3070ti. Just speculation but I highly doubt other parts matter.

After talking to support they were very clear that the only item they did not have from my build was my graphics card and that was almost 3 weeks ago now. I’d wager my money that the same is the case for most if not everyone trying to buy a pc at the moment.

As mentioned before im in the testing stage as of 12:36pm 19/07/2021. I’ve seen this stage has apparently taken a few days for some people. Again just speculation but I’m assuming this is due to an influx of completed builds and a bottleneck at the testing stage. It is my understanding that if your order is dispatched by 3pm it is a next day delivery. If mods can shine some light on that it would be awesome.

Last edited:

B Poot

Bronze Level Poster
Currently I have ordered an AMD Radeon 6700XT and I'm at 18 working days and still in pre-production. I've been considering changing to an NVidia 3070TI, but I'm guessing that I might join the back of the queue - i.e. if it is currently taking around 24 days from first ordering a 3070TI, I could be waiting until ~42 working days until I get anything (assuming stocks last etc).

Any thoughts?

closetchimp

Bronze Level Poster
Currently I have ordered an AMD Radeon 6700XT and I'm at 18 working days and still in pre-production. I've been considering changing to an NVidia 3070TI, but I'm guessing that I might join the back of the queue - i.e. if it is currently taking around 24 days from first ordering a 3070TI, I could be waiting until ~42 working days until I get anything (assuming stocks last etc).

Any thoughts?
That's not how it works as far as I'm aware, it goes on date ordered, so if you change your card and they have stock then you'll keep your place in the queue.
It doesn't reset the clock if you swap parts.

If I'm wrong then someone correct me please but thats how I understand their queuing process.

closetchimp

Bronze Level Poster

Any thoughts?
Have you contacted PCS to see what the stock situation is with the 6700xt is. It just might be that all builds are taking a little longer than normal due to overall demand

B Poot

Bronze Level Poster
Have you contacted PCS to see what the stock situation is with the 6700xt is. It just might be that all builds are taking a little longer than normal due to overall demand
I haven't - I know that all builds are taking a while because of high demand, backlog of orders catching up from stock shortages, lower staff numbers from Covid etc. From reading these forums, 24 days seems quite common for most builds assuming they have stock.

The reason I was considering changing to a 3070 TI was for performance (ray tracing and DLSS). Having said that, I'm really into Borderlands and the 6700 XT is perfectly good for that...