3070ti wait times

LukUnd

I was told there was a delivery on the 30th and my order should be covered then, so I'm hoping as I'm on WD24 atm
It genuinely seems like they have no idea, I got told there was a shipment on the 25th that would cover my order and then they backtracked when I called them today. It’s bizarre honestly I have no idea what’s going on, the communication has been a shambles. It feels like every time I reach out to them the person I speak to contradicts what the others have said previously etc.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It genuinely seems like they have no idea, I got told there was a shipment on the 25th that would cover my order and then they backtracked when I called them today. It’s bizarre honestly I have no idea what’s going on, the communication has been a shambles. It feels like every time I reach out to them the person I speak to contradicts what the others have said previously etc.
They likely don't know!

PCS are in the same position with many of their suppliers as you are with PCS. They're being given delivery dates that aren't being met - because these suppliers cannot get parts from the manufacturers - and are also being given conflicting information, which with the best will in the world they pass on to you. It's all a big domino chain - with you (sadly) being the last domino.

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
They likely don't know!

PCS are in the same position with many of their suppliers as you are with PCS. They're being given delivery dates that aren't being met - because these suppliers cannot get parts from the manufacturers - and are also being given conflicting information, which with the best will in the world they pass on to you. It's all a big domino chain - with you (sadly) being the last domino.

While I 100% understand PCS woes ( GPU and UK driver shortages etc) it's also super annoying for me as a customer to be fed conflicting info.

I'd rather get straight answer - we don't know/we can't say instead of - you won't be affected, we have enough stock then - delivery was too small, your order gets delayed by a week or more and then -there might be a delivery this week.

Is it that difficult to brief whole customer assistant team to give straight and consistent answers instead of conflicting messages?

I'd rather get honest answer than false hope.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
While I 100% understand PCS woes ( GPU and UK driver shortages etc) it's also super annoying for me as a customer to be fed conflicting info.

I'd rather get straight answer - we don't know/we can't say instead of - you won't be affected, we have enough stock then - delivery was too small, your order gets delayed by a week or more and then -there might be a delivery this week.

Is it that difficult to brief whole customer assistant team to give straight and consistent answers instead of conflicting messages?

I'd rather get honest answer than false hope.
I understand your frustration but I expect that PCS are just passing on information which they have received. It will have been current at the time but because of the uncertainties in delivery schedules it soon changes.

What else can PCS do when there is no certainty any more?

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
Whilst I can appreciate your frustration, there are simply too many variables to even come close to providing a reliable answer/update.

1. Stock doesn't arrive on time.
2. Smaller than expected stock arrives.
3. Someone ahead of you in the queue updates their order and takes the CPU/GPU/Other which was allocated to your order.
4. People off work due to illness/Covid etc.
5. Current fuel shortages may also now impact deliveries.

I am assuming most delays are probably due to GPU shortage than any other items required for your build. Maybe change your order to a different GPU which may be more expensive so higher chance that less people or ordering it? I had the 3060Ti spec'd, and ended up changing to the ASUS ROG STRIX 3070. Paid the premium but had my rig go into build on WD 22.

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Whilst I can appreciate your frustration, there are simply too many variables to even come close to providing a reliable answer/update.

1. Stock doesn't arrive on time.
2. Smaller than expected stock arrives.
3. Someone ahead of you in the queue updates their order and takes the CPU/GPU/Other which was allocated to your order.
4. People off work due to illness/Covid etc.
5. Current fuel shortages may also now impact deliveries.

I am assuming most delays are probably due to GPU shortage than any other items required for your build. Maybe change your order to a different GPU which may be more expensive so higher chance that less people or ordering it? I had the 3060Ti spec'd, and ended up changing to the ASUS ROG STRIX 3070. Paid the premium but had my rig go into build on WD 22.

Just checked and 3070 strix costs almost £250, that's actually £60 more expensive than 3080 😯😯😯 insane prices 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
3070 strix is actually £60 more expensive than 3080 😯😯😯
There was a time a month or so back that a 3070Ti was only £6 more than a normal 3070, it's all about supply and demand, if demand is high and supply low then the manufacturers shove the prices up which PCS then have to pass on to the customer

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
There was a time a month or so back that a 3070Ti was only £6 more than a normal 3070, it's all about supply and demand, if demand is high and supply low then the manufacturers shove the prices up which PCS then have to pass on to the customer

Current prices comparison against "regular " 3070 ti
- 3070 Strix = £92 more
- " regular" 3080 = £193 more
- 3070ti Strix = £248 more

I thought 3070 ti was already overpriced but 3070 Strix series is on a completely different level. Is there any valid reason why 3070ti Strix costs £60 more than 3080? Is it simply because of the demand or is it really that much better than 3080?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Current prices comparison against "regular " 3070 ti
- 3070 Strix = £92 more
- " regular" 3080 = £193 more
- 3070ti Strix = £248 more

I thought 3070 ti was already overpriced but 3070 Strix series is on a completely different level. Is there any valid reason why 3070ti Strix costs £60 more than 3080? Is it simply because of the demand or is it really that much better than 3080?
Because of supply and demand and because its got a strix badge on it

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Because of supply and demand and because its got a strix badge on it

There's very long queue for 3070 so I ordered 3070ti version instead. I've paid about 90 more and I thought that was a lot for such small performance boost however strix version pricing is just crazy🤯🤯
£190 difference between 3070 and 3070 strix
version and £248 difference between 3070ti and 3070ti strix version. Jesus

LukUnd

They likely don't know!

Absolutely, I’m fully aware of the difficult situation that PCS are in & the extra wait, if necessary, doesn’t bother me too much given the circumstances. I truly believe they’re doing a great job for the record & it’s part of the reason I chose to use this service to begin with. Its just naturally frustrating when every person I’ve spoken to seems to have different information etc, I’m not blaming them, It’s just an acknowledgment that they know likely just as little as us. I wish that wasn’t the case, but given the context it’s entirely understandable.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This^

I always relate this sort of thing back to things that we use or buy every day, think of it like baked beans, Heinz 85p a tin, Asda own brand 30p a tin, same beans (haricot) and in a tomato sauce but a diffrent recipe, different quality components, still the same thing but different ;)
The difference between Rolls Royce & Bently, the same power plant under the bonnet just different badges

RichLan564

Bright Spark
There's very long queue for 3070 so I ordered 3070ti version instead. I've paid about 90 more and I thought that was a lot for such small performance boost however strix version pricing is just crazy🤯🤯
£190 difference between 3070 and 3070 strix
version and £248 difference between 3070ti and 3070ti strix version. Jesus
It was £19 when i went for 3070Ti over 3070 which was a no brainer, £90 is still worth it i think, any more that £100 i would have drawn the line, all depends how desperate somebody is to avoid a long wait i suppose.

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
It was £19 when i went for 3070Ti over 3070 which was a no brainer, £90 is still worth it i think, any more that £100 i would have drawn the line, all depends how desperate somebody is to avoid a long wait i suppose.

I phoned customer service somewhere at the end of August and gentleman said that if I insist on ordering 3070 it's unlikely I'll get pc by the end of the year which really convinced me to to pick different GPU🤣🤣🤣

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
It's a delicate balance between time & cost. I was desperate to have the PC so ended up paying a premium to avoid any delays due to stock shortages. But I appreciate everyone's situation is different. Just a really crap time to be ordering PCs, that's all. And looks like it'll continue for a while longer.