3070ti wait times

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
It's a delicate balance between time & cost. I was desperate to have the PC so ended up paying a premium to avoid any delays due to stock shortages. But I appreciate everyone's situation is different. Just a really crap time to be ordering PCs, that's all. And looks like it'll continue for a while longer.

It's only going to get worse with Christmas on the horizon. We had small window of opportunity to buy during the summer where delivery times and stock levels of some GPUs were okayish but I feel like we are past this.

Getting a little worried with someone being told that we wont get these till after christmas tbh, I'm very confused with what going on as I was told I'd have gone into build on the 30th when the delivery was but it's now the 1st and still going at WD25, anyone have a recent update on what they are saying regarding the 3070ti?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Getting a little worried with someone being told that we wont get these till after christmas tbh, I'm very confused with what going on as I was told I'd have gone into build on the 30th when the delivery was but it's now the 1st and still going at WD25, anyone have a recent update on what they are saying regarding the 3070ti?
Basically, it's not possible for PCS to say when deliveries are expected, it's posted in the stickies all over the forum and it's mentioned in this thread numerous times.

There is no such thing as booked deliveries at the moment, just because a supplier states that they're gonna be shipping x number of units doesn't mean they'll turn up.

There are serious problems all around the world related to logistics, but especially with computer components and as such, shipments are either held up at the port for weeks, or the ships are stuck in port and never leave.

So basically, if you get anything told to you about promised arrivals, you have to ignore it as it's likely false.

All they can report on is what HAS arrived, not what's expected, and they shouldn't be giving any of that information out.

Basically, it's not possible for PCS to say when deliveries are expected, it's posted in the stickies all over the forum and it's mentioned in this thread numerous times.

There is no such thing as booked deliveries at the moment, just because a supplier states that they're gonna be shipping x number of units doesn't mean they'll turn up.

There are serious problems all around the world related to logistics, but especially with computer components and as such, shipments are either held up at the port for weeks, or the ships are stuck in port and never leave.

So basically, if you get anything told to you about promised arrivals, you have to ignore it as it's likely false.

All they can report on is what HAS arrived, not what's expected, and they shouldn't be giving any of that information out.
Ok thank you, I was told by the customer service that my order would have been covered by the delivery on the 30th and would have gone into build but now I'll know to ignore them saying this, I'm hoping itll be done soon as people who have had there order with a couple of WDs ahead of me have theres and I'm close to the 28 WD mark

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
All it takes to shove these type of predictions out is for someone who placed their order before you to change from a 3060Ti or 3070 to a 3070Ti because they seem to be in better supply and as they placed their order before you they'll get the card that the customer bod who spoke to was expecting you to get.
Ok thank you, I was told by the customer service that my order would have been covered by the delivery on the 30th and would have gone into build but now I'll know to ignore them saying this, I'm hoping itll be done soon as people who have had there order with a couple of WDs ahead of me have theres and I'm close to the 28 WD mark

LukUnd

The latest I have is that their ETA for more stock is next Thursday, although as SpyderTracks said it’s probably best to ignore this rather than build expectations, we can only hope that they get a shipment sooner rather than later; Until then we’ve just gotta try and wait as patiently as we can

stevealdous59

I placed my order for a pc with 3070ti 2 weeks ago, I emailed before and was told all parts were in stock, I'm currently at 13 working days. I'm expecting this to be delivered mid October but who knows 🤔

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
Appreciate how frustrating it must be for those who have gone past the mythical (magical?) 22 WDs.

And as @Martinr36 said, all it takes is one person ahead of you in the queue to amend their order to a 3070Ti and bang, now there isn't one left for your build until the next shipment arrives.

The only way this could be somewhat of an exact science is if PCS lock your order once it's been submitted and don't allow any amendments.

Just hang in there. Expect the worse and hope for the best :)

LukUnd

I placed my order for a pc with 3070ti 2 weeks ago, I emailed before and was told all parts were in stock, I'm currently at 13 working days. I'm expecting this to be delivered mid October but who knows 🤔
I ordered almost 5 weeks ago & it’s still looking like another week or two of waiting, my best advice would be drop any expectations you have because it only makes the process more painful.

LukUnd

Appreciate how frustrating it must be for those who have gone past the mythical (magical?) 22 WDs.

And as @Martinr36 said, all it takes is one person ahead of you in the queue to amend their order to a 3070Ti and bang, now there isn't one left for your build until the next shipment arrives.

The only way this could be somewhat of an exact science is if PCS lock your order once it's been submitted and don't allow any amendments.

Just hang in there. Expect the worse and hope for the best :)
Watching the magical 22WD sail by with no update was the worst bit, I am definitely not putting all my hope in one day like that ever again 😅

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've been waiting 20 days now. 15 working days pre-production, how long should we expect to wait?
I'll get my crystal ball out................................

Recently stuff was going into build around 22 working days, a month or so back folk had been waiting 100+ working days

RyanAl18

I'll get my crystal ball out................................

Recently stuff was going into build around 22 working days, a month or so back folk had been waiting 100+ working days
100 days... well I just called them and they let me know that the new batch of stock should be coming today or sometime this week or the next. I was told I was in 300th in the queue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
100 days... well I just called them and they let me know that the new batch of stock should be coming today or sometime this week or the next. I was told I was in 300th in the queue.
and that depends on how many they actually get in that shipment, its not just the end users who have to wait in queue to see what they can get

LukUnd

I wouldn’t take any of the dates they suggest stock might be coming to heart, these are purely estimates and often they aren’t accurate, almost every person I’ve spoken to in the past week has given me a different ETA. The reality is that the situation is complex & whilst it can be frustrating we just have to dig in and be patient with the knowledge it will be worth it in the end.