3080 gone into build, Monitor suggestions appreciated

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
I've seen the leaks for the new G9 which I'll wait for as I've waited 4 months for the pc I can wait a few more for the monitor (Just hope the price in the leak is a placeholder 4.6k USD is pretty steep lol). Just need a stop gap for the mean time anything decent at 1440 144hz as it'll be easy to resell, prefer curved as the G9 is curved although a flat panel isn't the end of the world. I reckon anything around £500 will do for now.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've seen the leaks for the new G9 which I'll wait for as I've waited 4 months for the pc I can wait a few more for the monitor (Just hope the price in the leak is a placeholder 4.6k USD is pretty steep lol). Just need a stop gap for the mean time anything decent at 1440 144hz as it'll be easy to resell, prefer curved as the G9 is curved although a flat panel isn't the end of the world. I reckon anything around £500 will do for now.
The new Samsung G9 does look like a force to be reckoned with, I've heard rumours that it will be nearer the £2000 price point, but for Mini LED with over 1000 independent lighting zones, PLUS A PEAK BRIGHTNESS OF 2000 NITS!!!!!!

I mean that's just insane! If it's £2000 it's going to be incredible!

I'm only gonna suggest full IPS options as they're appropriate for the budget.

For 1440p 144Hz, this Asus Tuf is a fantastic monitor with full IPS, but NOT curved:

For curved options, you've got the Samsung G7 27" (240Hz)

Then I'll suggest a couple of 3440 x 1440 Ultrawide 144Hz curved VA options which may bridge the gap until you get the superwide and would resell very well also:

Last edited:

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Appreciate the reply Spider, I'll have a look through these and flick through these. I'll also rewatch (not paying too much attention when I didn't have the pc coming for a few months lol) Hardware Unboxed monitor reviews as they seem to be the best out there currently. They include proper testing and are totally unbiased which is seemingly pretty rare for reviews in general.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Appreciate the reply Spider, I'll have a look through these and flick through these. I'll also rewatch (not paying too much attention when I didn't have the pc coming for a few months lol) Hardware Unboxed monitor reviews as they seem to be the best out there currently. They include proper testing and are totally unbiased which is seemingly pretty rare for reviews in general.
Totally agree, the hardware unboxed tests are so thorough testing each backlight zone and colour saturation, they’re the ones I always watch too.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Those along with GN (don't do monitor testing as far as I've seen though) are pretty much the gold standard as far as I've seen. I watch Paul and Jay aswell though.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Those along with GN (don't do monitor testing as far as I've seen though) are pretty much the gold standard as far as I've seen. I watch Paul and Jay aswell though.
A lot of people say Jay is an Intel fanboy, must admit I only started watching him in the last couple of years since Ryzen started going mainstream, but I’ve always found him nicely balanced.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
A lot of people say Jay is an Intel fanboy, must admit I only started watching him in the last couple of years since Ryzen started going mainstream, but I’ve always found him nicely balanced.
Yeah I have only started watching him in the last year or so, gives a good contrast as GN is definitely alot more serious? maybe not the word as they have laugh too, focused maybe better. Anyhow I think Jays channel leans quite bit more toward entertainment, he's more haphazard and less rigidly structured seemingly enjoyable and pretty objective as far as I've seen.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah I have only started watching him in the last year or so, gives a good contrast as GN is definitely alot more serious? maybe not the word as they have laugh too, focused maybe better. Anyhow I think Jays channel leans quite bit more toward entertainment, he's more haphazard and less rigidly structured seemingly enjoyable and pretty objective as far as I've seen.
I love Jay, when he gets toungue tied and says really crazy stuff and leaves it in, makes me giggle.

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
I bought the Dell S2721DGF for £330 which uses the same panel as the LG 27GL850 which is a 1440 165hz. I watched quite a lot of Hardware Unboxed videos which seems to be the go to place for monitor info and comparisons. I'm still patiently waiting for my PC to arrive but been using it with my work laptop and xbox and it seems pretty decent so far (all be it a very limited test). The IPS panel does mean that the HDR isn't great so in comparison to my LG OLED TV its pretty grim for dark darks and bright brights, but for a budget monitor it does pretty well. If you play a lot of FPS or games where input will be a factor then it may be a good way to go. That's certainly why I went with it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I bought the Dell S2721DGF for £330 which uses the same panel as the LG 27GL850 which is a 1440 165hz. I watched quite a lot of Hardware Unboxed videos which seems to be the go to place for monitor info and comparisons. I'm still patiently waiting for my PC to arrive but been using it with my work laptop and xbox and it seems pretty decent so far (all be it a very limited test). The IPS panel does mean that the HDR isn't great so in comparison to my LG OLED TV its pretty grim for dark darks and bright brights, but for a budget monitor it does pretty well. If you play a lot of FPS or games where input will be a factor then it may be a good way to go. That's certainly why I went with it.
I have the original GSync model of that same screen, it’s very much the same other than being gsync instead of freesync. Fantastic monitor for the price, both performance wise and aesthetically, the design is really nice, typical quality Dell.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Picked up an Odyssey G7 32 for £520 should be delivered Friday. Should be a very good stop gap, also gives me chance to get used to a curved display.
Great monitor and the 32” is supposed to be much better than the 27” so good choice there.