3080 worthy displays

Famicus

I'm planning a build with the hopes of a 4k ultrawide display in late 2023. For now I'm looking for something at least 32" under 1k£

I'm seeing some 4k screens of that size, but I generally notice a 60 refresh.

Such as:
Samsung U32R592 32 Inch Curved UHD 4K Monitor - Ultra HD 3840x2160 HDMI, Displayport
https://amzn.eu/d/9MMTiUA

When deciding on display, is it possible to find 4k resolution, higher refresh, and reliability? Or does display tech still have some growing to do for a solid 4k experience?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm planning a build with the hopes of a 4k ultrawide display in late 2023. For now I'm looking for something at least 32" under 1k£

I'm seeing some 4k screens of that size, but I generally notice a 60 refresh.

Such as:
Samsung U32R592 32 Inch Curved UHD 4K Monitor - Ultra HD 3840x2160 HDMI, Displayport
https://amzn.eu/d/9MMTiUA

When deciding on display, is it possible to find 4k resolution, higher refresh, and reliability? Or does display tech still have some growing to do for a solid 4k experience?
So currently theres standard 4k 144hz which would be 4k gaming 3840 X 2160 and there's currently one 4k 240hz monitor from samsung

Then there's superwide which is 5120 X 1440

Then ultrawide which is 3440 X 1440

As of now, there is no 4k ultrawide or superwide, but I'll reckon we'll see those introduced along with 8k 60hz with the rtx 4000 next gen cards.

Famicus

Is refresh a trade-off for higher res? Do you have to either have ultra-realistic still images or smooth movement?

I remember you said you loved your G9. Do you ever feel like you're missing out with HDMI 2 vs HDMI 2.1? The refresh on that size of a display sounds so impressive.

And then I hear so many stories of people making 3 or 5 returns until they finally get a stable product... That sounds torturous to me. Which is why I'm considering a safe and stable mid-range option until the QA catches up. I'm betting the Samsung I linked above or something high refresh will have a nice sale before year's end.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Is refresh a trade-off for higher res? Do you have to either have ultra-realistic still images or smooth movement?
Very early gaming models are sometimes 120Hz, these tend to be very early production models, tend to have lesser specs with older tech.

Normal gaming is 144Hz

High refresh is 240Hz, but that's irrelevant really for 99% of people and even moreso outside of 1080p.

Do you ever feel like you're missing out with HDMI 2 vs HDMI 2.1
HDMI isn't used on computers, you'd always use Display Port. HDMI is for Hifi and TV / Console. HDMI 2.1 wouldn't add any benefit over the DP already included.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ever feel like you're missing out by not shooting for the neo?
Was well outside my budget, it was never something I was aiming for.

In a perfect world, the Neo is without question a far superior monitor, but it's a different league in price point.