3090 PC Build

Mo_Mo

Hi All,

I have ordered a 3090 with a 10900k for my work and rendering projects. If you have ordered a pc build with a 3090 and have received it all ready - kindly share how long it has take you for your building + waiting time for the new 30series gpu. Just wanted to know a rough time scale.

Many thanks,

Mo

kozuki

Enthusiast
It would be best for you to post your full specs for some "investigation" by the members here, the words 10900K and work don't go well together in the same sentence these days, so you might want to think about changing up a few things, especially if you have other optimization issues in your build. Provide your full build details, budget, software which you're gonna use

Mo_Mo

Hi, Interesting! I don't know AMD Much as i have always had intel.

The software's i use are the following:

Adobe Creative Cloud
3DS MAX
Autocad
Blender
Sketchup
VRAY
Revit

CaseNZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK)
Promotional DiscountGet 3 Months of Adobe CC with qualifying RTX Studio systems!
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i9 Ten-Core Processor i9-10900K (3.7GHz) 20MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® TUF Z490-PLUS GAMING WI-FI (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP (Xmas delivery not guaranteed)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive1TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive2TB INTEL® 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 1800MB/sR | 1800MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100x Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
An AMD build would be far far better for the same money, literally no contest.

It wouldn't affect your use of the system, it's a CPU, you wouldn't know if it was AMD or Intel other than the fact it will perform about twice as fast.

Mo_Mo

An AMD build would be far far better for the same money, literally no contest.

It wouldn't affect your use of the system, it's a CPU, you wouldn't know if it was AMD or Intel other than the fact it will perform about twice as fast.
So which AMD CPU would you recommend? As I said, I have no idea about AMD products.

D

Deleted member 103489

Hi

it is hard to give exact estimate on when they will ship out the pc build with the 3090.

for me ordered on the launch day but switched day later to rog strix 3090.

known I would be waiting longer time for this reverted back to none rog strix 3090.

after this my pc arrived all in around 3 weeks but giving my amendments to my order this might not be true time scale.

also a lot has changed when I last ordered, I am not sure how pcs are with their 3090 stock levels.. I would assume nearer to Christmas these may be harder to get hold of but hopefully this won’t be the case for you.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The 'equivalent' AMD CPU would be the 12 core/24 thread 5900X, but you'll also have to change the motherboard to an X570.

You also don't need the extra cooling compound as the Corsair AIO comes with its own.

Case
NZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK)​
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)​
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!​
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)​
Graphics Card
24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP​
1st Storage Drive
1TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)​
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)​
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W HXi SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® PLATINUM​
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)​
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100x Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans​
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING​
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)​
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)​
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0​
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS​
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [MUP-00003]​
Operating System Language​
United Kingdom - English Language​
Windows Recovery Media​
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account​
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)​
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE​
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)​
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)​
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)​
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 13 to 15 working days​
Price: £3,408.00 including VAT and Delivery​

Mo_Mo

Hi

it is hard to give exact estimate on when they will ship out the pc build with the 3090.

for me ordered on the launch day but switched day later to rog strix 3090.

known I would be waiting longer time for this reverted back to none rog strix 3090.

after this my pc arrived all in around 3 weeks but giving my amendments to my order this might not be true time scale.

also a lot has changed when I last ordered, I am not sure how pcs are with their 3090 stock levels.. I would assume nearer to Christmas these may be harder to get hold of but hopefully this won’t be the case for you.
Ah okay! Fair enough. I’m hesitant to change the CPU but a lot of people are saying AMD dominates intel. Knowing that the equivalent CPU is preorder only - this may make the build longer. I originally ordered the strix 3080 but later changed to the normal 3090. I’m not someone who overclocks or spends much time on my pc unless I’m free lancing or gaming. But thank you, this was a bit helpful. I’m expecting that it may arrive in January but that may be wishful thinking haha.

Mo_Mo

The 'equivalent' AMD CPU would be the 12 core/24 thread 5900X, but you'll also have to change the motherboard to an X570.

You also don't need the extra cooling compound as the Corsair AIO comes with its own.

Case
NZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK)​
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)​
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!​
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)​
Graphics Card
24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP​
1st Storage Drive
1TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)​
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)​
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W HXi SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® PLATINUM​
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)​
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100x Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans​
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING​
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)​
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)​
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0​
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS​
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [MUP-00003]​
Operating System Language​
United Kingdom - English Language​
Windows Recovery Media​
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account​
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)​
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE​
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)​
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)​
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)​
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 13 to 15 working days​
Price: £3,408.00 including VAT and Delivery​
Ah okay, thank you! But is it true that intel has an advantage to AMD in gaming? That’s all I keep getting on benchmarks video etc... my work is buying me threadripper pc for work so for me. I will call pcs to see if it’s possible to change and if they have this in stock. Thank you.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ah okay, thank you! But is it true that intel has an advantage to AMD in gaming?
Not since the Ryzen 3 5000 series CPUs came out...check some of the latest YouTube reviews comparing 10th Gen Intel to Ryzen 3 AMD.

Intel have now lost their edge in gaming as well as multi-threaded workloads.

Mo_Mo

Not since the Ryzen 3 5000 series CPUs came out...check some of the latest YouTube reviews comparing 10th Gen Intel to Ryzen 3 AMD.

Intel have now lost their edge in gaming as well as multi-threaded workloads.
Okay will take a look! Many thanks

steswa864

Sorry should have said, that's a standard 3090. Sorry I hijacked this thread as thought it was better mentioning here rather than the 3080 one. If I was searching for info, I'd have looked on this thread first!

Mo_Mo

Sorry should have said, that's a standard 3090. Sorry I hijacked this thread as thought it was better mentioning here rather than the 3080 one. If I was searching for info, I'd have looked on this thread first!
No Worries! At least its good to know! PCS told me that they had 4 more 3090 orders to fulfill before mine so i'm not too worried! Still got patience and deadlines to keep me occupied! haha

Thunda

No Worries! At least its good to know! PCS told me that they had 4 more 3090 orders to fulfill before mine so i'm not too worried! Still got patience and deadlines to keep me occupied! haha
Didn't I read here somewhere you've only just recently ordered, Mo_Mo? And you're 5th in the queue? Was that a Strix or Non-Strix?

Mo_Mo

Didn't I read here somewhere you've only just recently ordered, Mo_Mo? And you're 5th in the queue? Was that a Strix or Non-Strix?
Sorry, no I’ve ordered late last month but they said depends on how quick it comes? Again, I’m not going to rely on their word as it’s not down to them. I originally ordered the 3080 strix but changed to the 3090 but my queue number didn’t change apparently. I got the non-strix.

Thunda

Ah, I see .. I thought the 3090 thread you started was when you'd just ordered .. It would be good if we had some indication of difference ( a very rough average if some people are looking to tell me off for asking for stuff "nobody knows"!!! ;)) between Strix and non-Strix timeframes .. I don't want to wait another 6 weeks uneccassarily if all I had to do was switch to a non-Strix and get sorted in a week (and save a couple of 100 £££ to boot .. )

Mo_Mo

Ah, I see .. I thought the 3090 thread you started was when you'd just ordered .. It would be good if we had some indication of difference ( a very rough average if some people are looking to tell me off for asking for stuff "nobody knows"!!! ;)) between Strix and non-Strix timeframes .. I don't want to wait another 6 weeks uneccassarily if all I had to do was switch to a non-Strix and get sorted in a week (and save a couple of 100 £££ to boot .. )
Hmm yeah... there wasn’t really a 3090 forum and I was struggling to get an answer. Most people are buying the 3080 because it’s much cheaper. So opted in for the 3090 hoping it will come sooner and PCS said it was in less demand than the 3080 but still in stock shortage. They did tell me that the Strix will probably take longer as it’s one supplier and they are pushing as much as they can where as the non-strix has more variants which means you have more luck (take this with a grain of salt).