3D Gaming - Yay or Nay?

MeveM

Bright Spark
Nay.

I've seen the 3D tele's in shops, tried them out, and it's just bad, I find the view worse then a normal HD screen, and it's not comfortable for your eyes, and you have to wear those stupid glasses as well. I don't think the technology has gotten it right yet, too many flaws imo. Don't like it.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Personally it's a Nay.

I do agree that 3D gaming is very flawed, fact is, I can't see anyone prepared to play over 2 hours of 3D gaming at a time without straining the eyes or getting a headache. Sure, it can be pretty to watch at times, but I'm still happy with standard 2D even HD.

I can't see 3D becoming a dominating idea for another 10 years or so, at least. It has happened in the past when it seems like a good idea for years, then after the idea is dug up in a hole, awaiting to be discovered 10/20 years later.

It annoys me in cinemas that EVERYTHING has to be in 3D, you end up paying a higher ticket price, you wear a pair of emo style glasses that feels like you are wearing sunglasses inside a dark hall, it just darkens everything.. and nothing in 3D has blown me away... I wanted to watch a standard 2D film the other day, and the only choice was a standard 2D with English subtitles at the bottom which annoys me greatly. (God I sound like an old man)

It does get better over the years, but not this generation, it will slowly die off and maybe improved in the future, but not for a long while.