3D Mark 2013 version

Sidmouth

Silver Level Poster
Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum.

I ran the new benchmark last night using the new 'Firestrike' test and afterwards it displays all of your hardware information.

Looking at the graphics card (mine being a gtx 670) it states that the core clock is only '731 mhz', so I'm assuming that this is the speed it got to during the test. However I thought the card was clocked at 915mhz and then boosts to around the early 1000mhz mark.

Is this wrong or is it a just a way of measuring the hardware in a way I havent seen before?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I remember I had a similar issue and when I change a benchmark to another one that stresses the gpu more the clock speed went up. Unless you are having problems with the gpu I wouldn't worry, if you are curious about it I would assume 3dmark11 may not stress enough your gpu to increase the clock speed.

Sidmouth

Silver Level Poster
I remember I had a similar issue and when I change a benchmark to another one that stresses the gpu more the clock speed went up. Unless you are having problems with the gpu I wouldn't worry, if you are curious about it I would assume 3dmark11 may not stress enough your gpu to increase the clock speed.

Thanks for the reply.

Like you say it certainly isnt anything to worry about as the card runs perfectly.

During the test at stage three it runs the CPU and GPU combined test and that only runs at 11fps (which is really intense: every direct x 11 technology at once from what i've read) which I would of thought would have the graphics card working at full whack, likewise in test 2 which is just the GPU. I'd like to add that at this point the temperatures are between 75-79c.

Would that be an indicator that the card is underclocking to keep the temperature down?

I was under the impression that the cards run at stock (915mhz) the whole time and then go up and down between the boost and this base as needed?