3G is naf!!!!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hey all,

so im sat at uni, not doing anything. So thought i'd have a mess on my phone mp3 music wise, preview a few albums n that.

But No, Three 3G is just not working -.- again! Anyone else have a painfully annoying issue with 3G? not just on three on any network?

If anyone asks, I only went with three as no one else offers unlimited internet, lol when it works

keynes

Multiverse Poster
No issues with Vodafone or Tmobile with 3G but I assume it depends on the area. I am considering 4g since my contract is running out soon.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Im not even happy paying 13quid a month to get 3g, nevermind paying for 40 odd quid for 4g!!!

steaky360

Agreed, I think 3G is pretty crap too - but it is dependant on your location and the type of receiver you have (I've noticed better signal from my mobile phone when compared to a tablet for instance)

Rakk

The Awesome
but it is dependant on your location
Very much so.

When I moved to my new house, I suddenly found that Vodafone had absolutely no G signal (let alone 3G) signal there, I could get no data connection at all - and when I say no data connection, I mean none whatsoever.

Now that I've changed to O2 I can get 3G quite a bit of the time (though admittedly once I got my internet sorted out I now just connect to my wireless as soon as I enter the house).

tom_gr7

Life Serving
well this was in the center of middlesbrough, with full 5 bar signal, so one would assume three's 3g service would be pretty good.

ps I did turn it on and off again :p

Corfate

Author Level
Mine is usually on 3G. Very rare that i have to use anything lower. However, at work there is no signal at all haha.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I just got my new phone on 4g. 3g connection in my area was rubbish or at least with my network provided but now 4g is noticeable faster for me, listening to live radio and browsing the internet without any delays :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I thought 3 did that free upgrade to 4g for all customers? Or is that just for people on contract?

Safe to say my 3g on orange has always been a bit pants, I use it as little as possible to save myself from the pain.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I thought 3 did that free upgrade to 4g for all customers? Or is that just for people on contract?

Safe to say my 3g on orange has always been a bit pants, I use it as little as possible to save myself from the pain.

I changed from vodafone 3G to EE 4G, very happy and vast improvement at least for me.

tom_gr7

Life Serving

I dont think that's come in yet mate,

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I've just switched from Orange to EE and although its the same phone im getting amazing 3G, im getting about 15mbs on 3G where as Orange was giving me about 7mbs. Live in aberdeen so 4G aint avaiable yet but when i was in edinburgh was getting about 30mbs but it made the phone HOT.

PokerFace

Banned
I've just switched from Orange to EE and although its the same phone im getting amazing 3G.

Count yourself lucky. I know loads of people who say their reception is much worse since Orange merged to become EE.

The signal in my house was fine when it was Orange, but after becoming EE we had to switch to O2.

There was a program on recently about it (Watchdog, I think).

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Haven't had a problem with Three's 3G (although I usually use my WIFI). What I do have a problem with is the signal at home. Its quite ****teee!!!

Once my contract is up December next year, I might switch networks. I didn't sign up paying £35 a month for hardly a signal or no signal.

Tom DWC

I was with 3 for the same reason, the unlimited data, but cancelled at the end of my contract recently because the speeds were terrible in Portsmouth, literally slower than dial up (It works fine when I'm in Reading but that's hardly at all now).

With giffgaff (O2 Network) now who are much better, still not super speed but acceptable 3G (2-4MB) and it's only a pay monthly SIM deal so can cancel whenever.

These days I buy a good unlocked Android phone outright (Nexus series are half the price of most smartphones) then go on the £10 giffgaff plan. Unlimited texts, 500 mins 1GB internet.

In comparison with the life of a contract you save money and you can move around if you wish. Seems the way to go for me.