4 year old Octane III high value notebook black/no screen on startup

hnopc449

Hello Dear PCSPEC Community

Purchased a rather expensive OCTANE III gaming notebook 4 years ago from PCSpecUK and for 2 weeks dealing with this:

At first, Notebook when put to sleep no longer wakes up the connected external display. Reset required.

Shortly after: (no external screen connected) notebook powers on (led, fans) but no screen signal. Repeating the power off/on about 10times will first show the 'Style Note' (i.e. bios framework software) screen, then black, no Win 10. 4 more times power on/off has then WIN10 'failed to load correctly' on screen with restart option. Restarting usually leads to normal bootup of Win10. PC can then be used for hours. In the past days, very rarely though, screen intermittently goes black/ fails to display visuals.

Have been running the notebook on and off the past 4 years with extensive use only during the previous months. It is mostly used stationary thus the battery is removed most of the time.

/Edit 2: On first startup of the day, screen as described remains black while the PC boots. Then 1 min. later fans turn up to maximum speed whereafter the Power Led begins to flash orange. After 1 or 2 reboots the bootup is normal (fans don't overexert, green led)./

/Edit 3: the problem became more severe as of today with random reboots during the day e.g. when launching a program, and intermittent screen failure to inactive./

Tried troubleshooting at first with regard to RAM, which do not seem to be the issue. My suspiction is now that the CMOS battery may have died, but opening the case I could not find it and wonder whether you could point me to its location?

That together with possible further advice on how to troubleshoot/repair this would be much appreciated here.

Thanks very much in advance!

Edit:
Couldn't insert the specs otherwise:
Octane Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-7600 (3.5GHz) 6MB CacheMemory (RAM)8GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 8GB)Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 - 6.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX®12.1, G-SYNC1st Storage Drive500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR |520MB/sW)Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC /RSMMC)AC Adaptor1 x 330W AC AdaptorPower Cable2 x 1 Metre European Power Cable (Kettle Lead)BatteryOctane Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (82WH)Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLINGSound CardIntel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone JackBluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-8265 M.2 (867Mbps, 802.11AC)+BT 4.0USB/Thunderbolt Options4 x USB 3.0 Ports + 2 x USB 3.1 Type C PortsKeyboard

® Edge (Windows 10 Only)Notebook MouseINTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSEWebcamINTEGRATED 2.0 MP FULL HD WEBCAMWarranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 YearLabour)Dead Pixel Guarantee30 Day Dead Pixel Guarantee Inc. Labour & Carriage CostsDelivery2 DAY DELIVERY TO GERMANYBuild TimeStandard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days

Last edited: