42.84 WH vs 62.16 WH laptop battery?

Xeon

When they're new, about how long time can you use the laptop with both of the batteries? :)

Thanks in advance!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums :)

The 48.84WH batteries tested as follows on the 15.6" Optimus II:

Test 1: Playing a movie (stored on hard disk, not DVD) with the Optimus settings on amber (GPU turned on): 2 hours 25 minutes
Test 2: Playing a movie (stored on hard disk, not DVD) with the Optimus settings on green (GPU turned off): 3 hours 30 minutes

The 62.16WH battery has a 27% larger capacity than the 48.84WH version and so you can expect 27% longer on the above tests, so in test 1: 3 hours and 4 minutes and in test 2: 4 hours and 26 minutes.

jao144

Welcome to our forums :)

The 48.84WH batteries tested as follows on the 15.6" Optimus II:

Test 1: Playing a movie (stored on hard disk, not DVD) with the Optimus settings on amber (GPU turned on): 2 hours 25 minutes
Test 2: Playing a movie (stored on hard disk, not DVD) with the Optimus settings on green (GPU turned off): 3 hours 30 minutes

The 62.16WH battery has a 27% larger capacity than the 48.84WH version and so you can expect 27% longer on the above tests, so in test 1: 3 hours and 4 minutes and in test 2: 4 hours and 26 minutes.

Does the 62WH Battery petrude from the casing? Is it extra long or extra wide for the extra capacity? - I Want to buy on extended battery, but it would be inappropriate if it does not fit onto stands securely (used on stage...)

AzY

Gold Level Poster
Does the 62WH Battery petrude from the casing? Is it extra long or extra wide for the extra capacity? - I Want to buy on extended battery, but it would be inappropriate if it does not fit onto stands securely (used on stage...)

i assume it will be the same size, just has a larger battery capacity

PCS

Administrator
Staff member

No, it's the same size :)