450w

trialsiain

Hey i going to be using a gtx 660.. will the 450w psu be good enough and how long will it last with it since its unbranded. What is the worst thing that can happen to a cheap powersupply ?>

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I don't remember the brand but from previous threads it is a reliable psu. The 450w psu will be fine for the Gtx 660.

baron75mk2

Banned
according to nvidia 450w is the minimum reccomended power supply - take a look

http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-660/specifications

problem is with this your psu wont have much room for new hardware.

The other issue is being its a non baranded psu it could potentially be going flat out at any given gaming session & might not last long before failing

i would reccomend a bigger psu maybe a corsair 700w , with this you will have bags of headroom for new hardware :yes:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
ok i ws just wondering cause i read up that if its a non branded psu it can be risky

PCS will test your system and it is not in their interest to stock unreliable power supplies. I think it is just a cheaper alternative to a corsair psu.

Rakk

The Awesome
ok i ws just wondering cause i read up that if its a non branded psu it can be risky

The 'unbranded' ones I believe are FSP power supplies, and they are perfectly good, I used one in my previous PC until I replaced the PC (it got replaced cos one of the GPU's fried and the GPUs were getting old and outdated anyway, the PSU was still perfectly fine).

trialsiain

What is your spec? For a single GTX 660 it should be perfectly fine, if you are planning to SLI you will probably need a 650w PSU or higher.

Case
COOLERMASTER ELITE 311 BLUE CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3470 (3.2GHz) 6MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® P8H77-M: M-ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0Gb/s, CrossFireX™

Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (1 X 4GB)

Graphics Card
INTEGRATED GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR (GPU)

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 16MB CACHE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan

Processor Cooling
Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler (£19)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

That ^^ but i have gtc 660 card just now to put in it.... will i just need to simply put it in and install drivers ?????? Thanks guys

4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

keynes

Multiverse Poster
That ^^ but i have gtc 660 card just now to put in it.... will i just need to simply put it in and install drivers ?????? Thanks guys
You could send the GTX 660 to PCS, they could install it for you.