4k 240hz??? Samsung Neo G8

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok, nothing on the planet could drive this YET save for perhaps original Crysis or something (not sure that even had 4k support actually!). I do wonder if Samsung has a heads up on some of the rumours were hearing about the performance uplift for the next gen GPUs. Perhaps the leaks of double the current performance are actually correct???

Last edited:

barlew

Godlike
Ok, nothing on the planet could drive this YET save for perhaps original Crysis or something (not sure that even had 4k support actually!). I do wonder if Samsung has a heads up on some of the rumours were hearing about the performance uploft for the next gen GPUs. Perhaps the peaks of double the current performance are actually correct???

This is absolutely ridiculous! I still haven't finished having my mind blown by 2K yet!

barlew

Godlike
Marques Brownlee did a video with the 3090 on 8k and it just about kept up.

That was on a TV, but I reckon we'll start seeing some monitors crop up this year at 8k.
Thanks for linking I'll give it a watch after I've finished taking the Xmas decorations and tree down.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
8K gaming is already a thing..... it's just not very good. Like RTX, next gen is going to be top line 8k gaming for sure.

With 4k...... I think Samsung are being very smart here. There is a clear gap in the market for numbers, rather than performance..... they hit it with the G9 (and the G7 1440p).

Their marketing team has clearly gotten a hold of the dev team and said.... just make 240hz.... we know it's idiotic, just trust me... do it! If you build it, they will come!

Of course I say that with tongue in cheek. 144hz, as we all know, is the perfect balance but for those with the ability.... the 165hz OC options and up 240hz do have their place. I think we would all agree that past that people are chasing phantoms of their imagination... but there's definitely a place for it.

Have Samsung cornered the market on this or have they simply cornered the marketing? Their pricing is absolutely on-point so I think there needs to be a reaction from other manufacturers.

robin h 25

I think this is the first 8K 60hz monitor...
https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/del...18k/apd/210-amfj/monitors-monitor-accessories
I think it's been around for a while, but i know it not a gaming monitor, but it's most likely the first and only 8K 60hz monitor that's available at the moment, outside of 8K TV's,

This monitor was first shown at CES in 2017, at a price of $5000.

I may have been an early adopter of 4K 60hz, but just can't see myself doing the same again for 8K, one day i'll make the jump to 8K, it may even be my target for whenever i need a whole new PC build, which is still many, many years away. maybe around 2029 give or take, considering my current PC build i got in late 2019 should last me about 7 to 10+ years, so yeah, around 2029 for a new PC build that I could be looking at.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
@robin h 25 you made some fine choices at the time so I would be very surprised if you didn't get 10 years out of the build. Unfortunately, and hindsight is a wonderful thing, the PSU will likely be the limiting factor :ROFLMAO:

robin h 25

@robin h 25 you made some fine choices at the time so I would be very surprised if you didn't get 10 years out of the build. Unfortunately, and hindsight is a wonderful thing, the PSU will likely be the limiting factor :ROFLMAO:
I did upgrade my PSU from the RMx 750w i got with my build to a RMx 1000w not that long ago, just so i could accommodate 3080ti,
To be fair, I shouldn't have scrimped on my PSU when i ordered my PC,

So around 2029... I'm i looking at 1600w+, 2000w,:eek:, well it a long way, away's yet, to even think about it, and no idea what we'll be needing by that time.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would like to think 1000w would cover you. At the 3080Ti level though.... who knows :D

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
In 2029 we’ll probably have no fossil fuel energy generation, and the renewables won’t have filled the gap, we will then have household energy limits put in place so it will mean we’ll all have to game with a maximum of 100w or face prison by the new Green government :ROFLMAO:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
In 2029 we’ll probably have no fossil fuel energy generation, and the renewables won’t have filled the gap, we will then have household energy limits put in place so it will mean we’ll all have to game with a maximum of 100w or face prison by the new Green government :ROFLMAO:
Rationed electricity, like back in the 3 day week, when you checked the timetable in the local shop window to see which days the power in your street would be turned off.................