4TB NVMe ( Wanted )

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Hey guys. I am after a 4TB NVMe Drive for my 2nd storage, ( Games only ) what is the best and fastest 4TB Nvme to buy. Price is not a issue.

The 2nd Drive i have installed is already full with games.. Reason want to upgrade to 4TB as i play loads of games and having to install and uninstall games..

Case CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey guys. I am after a 4TB NVMe Drive for my 2nd storage, ( Games only ) what is the best and fastest 4TB Nvme to buy. Price is not a issue.

The 2nd Drive i have installed is already full with games.. Reason want to upgrade to 4TB as i play loads of games and having to install and uninstall games..

CaseCORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
The Sabrent is one of the few PCIe 4 NVME's that go above 2TB and with top notch speeds.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If you end up buying a third M.2 (and I think Sabrent and Corsair are pretty much your only options) it won't fit in your motherboard, so you should get a USB caddy, stick your PCS SSD into it and use it as an external drive.

The other option would be to get a 2.5" SATA SSD, where large capacities come cheaper. A Samsung 870 can be had for under £300, which is is a hell of a lot less than the M.2 alternative. The speed difference probably wouldn't be that noticeably in gaming.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The other option would be to get a 2.5" SATA SSD, where large capacities come cheaper. A Samsung 870 can be had for under £300, which is is a hell of a lot less than the M.2 alternative. The speed difference probably wouldn't be that noticeably in gaming.
Makes quite a big difference in Windows 11 with Direct Storage, apparently it's coming to Windows 10 also:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If you end up buying a third M.2 (and I think Sabrent and Corsair are pretty much your only options) it won't fit in your motherboard, so you should get a USB caddy, stick your PCS SSD into it and use it as an external drive.

The other option which works very well is one of these

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

The other option would be to fit one of the PCIe add-in cards to expand with an extra 1/2/4 m.2 SSDs.