5900X or 5950X Nov 5th

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Hi,

I'm looking to get a new PCS desktop build for general use with a the new Ryzen 5000 series in mind. I know both will be availble on 5th Nov and most likely to be an overkill if my most strenuous task would be gaming on high settings.
Should I get 5900X or 5950X?

Would the Corsair h115i Platinum AIO be sufficient in keeping both of these CPU's cool?

Graphic cards wise I'll wait and see what Nvidia have up their sleeves after the 28th Oct .

Thanks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

I'm looking to get a new PCS desktop build for general use with a the new Ryzen 5000 series in mind. I know both will be availble on 5th Nov and most likely to be an overkill if my most strenuous task would be gaming on high settings.
Should I get 5900X or 5950X?

Would the Corsair h115i Platinum AIO be sufficient in keeping both of these CPU's cool?

Graphic cards wise I'll wait and see what Nvidia have up their sleeves after the 28th Oct .

Thanks.
If your budget stretches ok then the 5900x would be the one for gaming. You'll need the X570 Strix motherboard to be able to handle it adequately.

I would choose the H115i Platinum with that CPU.

The 3070 should be available by then and would be a fantastic card.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Thanks for the fast reply.
Great to know 5900X would be better choice for my needs. I'll will make sure to get h115i platinum installed in a Coolermaster h500m(if in stock or do send my own case option if it's still not in stock by then) to take advantage of the separate top compartment for the radiator.

Thanks for the suggestion for motherboard. I will most likely choose Crosshair hero VIII for my build.

Yes 3070 may be the looking to be a strong card. I'm also interested to see if they plan to bring a 20gb vram 3080 variant in response to big navi announcement.