6 Nations

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Curiously, if the incidents happen in the other order (red card followed by injury) the rule doesn't apply and they are allowed to stay with 14 men. I don't quite understand the justification for that.

rouchie

Rising Star
I preferred it when I was playing and it was just a an addition of 10 points to the opposition score if you could not compete at the scrum

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Me and my mates call the final day of the 6 Nations "6 Nations Day" and for probably 10/15 years we've met up in someone's house and watched all the games back to back. We've not been able to do it in the last few years, so I'm really looking forward to today. Although we're all English-born, we have 1 Ireland fan (me!), 1 Scotland fan and 3 England fans. Considering the way the games have gone, it means the 5 of us will all have something to cheer for - even if my Scottish mate is just looking for an opportunity to laugh at me!

We've got the day planned out down to when we're eating and what - there's a decent Chinese takeaway up the road from my mate's house and his wife has offered to collect it for us!

MrWilson

Godlike
Me and my mates call the final day of the 6 Nations "6 Nations Day" and for probably 10/15 years we've met up in someone's house and watched all the games back to back. We've not been able to do it in the last few years, so I'm really looking forward to today. Although we're all English-born, we have 1 Ireland fan (me!), 1 Scotland fan and 3 England fans. Considering the way the games have gone, it means the 5 of us will all have something to cheer for - even if my Scottish mate is just looking for an opportunity to laugh at me!

We've got the day planned out down to when we're eating and what - there's a decent Chinese takeaway up the road from my mate's house and his wife has offered to collect it for us!
Sounds like a quality day out!

Sadly it seems like the final round will come with few surprises, with home side victories all but certain.
Wales will batter Italy, Ireland will almost certainly topple a mixed bag Scotland team as they gear up for another RWC Quarter Final Exit, and France look set to take a well deserved Grand Slam in Paris tonight.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Sounds like a quality day out!

Sadly it seems like the final round will come with few surprises, with home side victories all but certain.
Wales will batter Italy, Ireland will almost certainly topple a mixed bag Scotland team as they gear up for another RWC Quarter Final Exit, and France look set to take a well deserved Grand Slam in Paris tonight.
As it's my first day out in months (possibly this year), it will be quality. My cousin who lives over in the Netherlands has flown home for it, so it'll be good to see him.

You're right that the day is unlikely to throw up any real surprises, but hopefully they'll be decent games all the same.

barlew

Godlike
Some try that. A win fully deserved by Italy: you have to wonder how Wales won anything at all this season. A couple of moments of brilliance aside, they were awful.
Wales have had an absolute stinker. I really don't know what is going on with them at the minute.

The game of the tournament for me was England V Ireland last week. Absolutely outstanding play from England.

MrWilson

Godlike
After Ireland comfortably put Scotland away, securing themselves the Triple Crown, all eyes turn to Paris to see if France can take the Grand Slam. Ireland fans will bite their tongues and cheer on England, with a French defeat securing Ireland the Championship.
Italy’s upset against Wales means that England are destined to stay in third, only a defeat by 46 points or more will cause Scotland to leapfrog.
Hoping to see some French flair in tonight’s finale, I’ll be grabbing some cheese and wine and enjoying myself!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I take back what I said about no surprises - I was so excited for Italy after that win. A 7 year wait just for a win was incredible. Their Under 20s have done well in their 6 Nations tournament and so they could have a bright future if their talents are allowed to develop and gain experience.

Salmon Fisher

Enthusiast
The perfect day for me, an Italian win (well deserved) and France continued their resurgence. (My first allegiance is to Wales, but I love France so..) a great championship, many questions to be asked of the Welsh of course because something's wrong, perhaps some younger blood? New head coach?

But yes, definitely France's championship. Great days.