780ti Pics

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
It's arrived! But I have to wait until 5pm until I can get home and install it :( It was very well packaged and came in a huge, undamaged box.

It's a Palit Jetstream

It's going to be interesting to see how it looks inside the case - not sure I'm too keen on the overall aesthetics compared to my old 690.

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

EDIT: The pics were taken on my iPhone. I'll take some better ones when I get home.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Is that a DVI to VGA connector... Nobody should be allowed to own a 780 much less a 780ti if they need a VGA adaptor...

Anyway nice stuff, todays gonna be a long day for someone :p

I got my GPU delivered when I upgraded from integrated and I came home with a list of stuff as long as my harm to do. Took me bloody ages to get round to installing it, bet your going to be ripping the side off the chassis as soon as you get in the door. (that somehow sounds so wrong :p sorry)

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Well I'm anticipating it to be fairly straightforward - although I have read iffy reviews of the Palit software that comes with it - apparently a little outdated? We'll see.

The VGA adapter is going to sit in a draw and gather dust, most likely :p But always handy to have as you never know...!

steaky360

You shouldn't need to install anything really. Plug it in and use nVidia experience to update your drivers. Should be job done?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Make sure you uninstall the driver for your existing GPU before installing the new card.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
It will still have a driver installed and should either be uninstalled or disabled from bios or device manager.

Ah OK, I'll have a look. It's all up and running now - the difference in editing is phenomenal - 4 camera HD edit, no problem...

do we get to see pics of it inside the pc? :)

....I just put it all back under my desk :pinch:

I'll pop the panel off again, just for you...

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Sorry for the naff quality. I'm supposed to be a pro filmmaker so you'd think I'd whap out my SLR and take a decent photo... but no... :')

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
that looks bawlin mate.

have some rep. could get some corsair fans on the cpu cooler, would match the blue.

or some nice blue LED ones :)

One step ahead! Looking at some right now actually. The only issue is they don't make 140mm Corsairs, so I'm debating whether or not to get a different brand. I could always go with 120s to match the rest... I'll have a think.

I actually have a to do list:

Fans
Modular PSU
RAM
Case
Braided Cables
Watercooling
Bigger desk
More monitors

That's all a bit of a way off though and not necessarily in that order...