7970m driver issues

aitchy

Hey guys.

I was playing a game a few days ago when my screen went black. No keyboard commands worked so I had to hard restart using the power key. However whenever I tried to restart the system the computer gets stuck on the windows loading screen. I had to clean install windows, however now whenever I try to install any AMD driver my computer will get stuck on the windows screen.

I can get my AMD card to work by uninstalling both intel and amd drivers, rebooting into safe mode, installing intel driver, reboot into normal mode, load amd driver, reboot into safe mode, uninstall intel driver, reboot to safe mode and reinstall intel driver, then finally reboot with the power cord out.

This only fixes the issue till the system is rebooted again however which is very inconvenient.

I have tried the method in the sticky about updating the 7970m card. However the beta's cause the problem above and the clevo standards let me log into windows but when I try to open CCC it says the settings are not configurable and will not open.

I was using the latest drivers for each card and had been using those drivers for a fairly long time. They were not recent updates.

My System specs are:

Motherboard: Clevo P170EM
CPU: Intel Core i7 3720QM @ 2.60GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
ATI AMD Radeon HD 7970M
RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
Storage: 220GB SSD

The driver versions I was using:

AMD 14.2 beta1.3
Windows hd 3314

Can any of you help with this problem?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
As you are a new member please give the posts a few minutes to become visible, a moderator needs to approve your first few posts.

Have you tried the drivers that came on your CD?