7970m(s) and Far Cry 3

Tallpaulos

Enthusiast
Do you have a 7970m single or crossfire laptop?

What are your benchmarks & optimal settings for Far Cry 3? And spec. Here's what i'm getting with crossfire 7970m's;

Far Cry 3 (stats from MSI afterburner)
Settings: Ultra (1920 x 1080 resolution)
Catalyst Control Centre: 13.2beta5
DX9 (DX11 I see too much of a performance drop)
GPU1 temp:70-80c
GPU2 temp: 75-85c
GPU1 usage: 66%
GPU2 usage: 66%
Framerate: solid 60fps with V sync on, rarely drops, when it does, not below 45fps
Comments: No longer unstable, still slows when when up high and looking over ocean

Originally, due to several crashes, it wasn't running very well, but seems to be much better after messing with various settings in windows & with respect to the CCC drivers. I will go back to DX11 (that didn't work very well originally), but don't know if the cards are really powerful enough for that anyway. I'm assuming I'm having combined issues from the game itself, windows 8, CCC drivers, and using crossfires.

What are your benchmarks!?

Last edited:

rickne

Master Poster
680M here and I have everything on except MSAA anti aliasing (which brings the game to its knees on my system.) Around 40-50FPS

Tallpaulos

Enthusiast
680M here and I have everything on except MSAA anti aliasing (which brings the game to its knees on my system.) Around 40-50FPS

Hi, sounds goods - I'm assuming you mean ultra settings? Or custom EVERYTHING on max? Also, windows 7 or 8 (DX9 or 11?). I'm not sure what I did last night, but after messing about with a few things I played for 2 hours witout a single crash, and it ran FAR better. I have updated my 1st post accordingly.

It's good to know how the 680M does for comparison, ta.

Last edited:

rickne

Master Poster
I can run ultra but its not comfortable. Remember their are two video settings menus. One features AA and Vsync. The other is the low,medium,high,ultra section. You can have ultra without MSAA which is reasonable. Beautiful game , I wish I had time for it.