8Gb Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070

Good evening,

I've finally taken the plunge into PC gaming and have ordered a PC through PCS. I have ordered one with the RTX 3070 without knowing the problems there are with supply. I am now left waiting for my PC with no real idea of when it will arrive. My questions are;

1. Is it worth waiting and just hoping I luck out?
2. If I do decide to change the order what graphics cards are on par with the one I originally ordered?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Gavras

Master Poster
First of all mainly for my sanity what Monitor, what applications and games will it be used for and finally what is your full PCS build, config link.

There is as you are aware, a global shortage of 3000 series cards.

options are to sit and wait for full build or select I have my own card, then go and source your own card.

AMD have similar card in their latest, however these may also suffer shortages.

I haven't yet decided on a monitor. I'm still trawling through tons of them. Like I said. I'm the newest of newbies.

The type of games I'm likely to play are Arma 3, Days, Escape from Tukrov. That's sort of game.

Gavras

Master Poster
not your actual order and order number.

there is a hyper link you can post, suggest you delete the above.

I would also look at changing your order to AMD, the PSU is also not suitable for that card.

sort hyper link out as per below.

then you might get some advice for your build etc.

Gavras

Master Poster
Also having seen your build and that you have not yet sourced a screen, what is your budget for this build and how much available for screen?

I would have hoped that the PSU is correct as it was the one suggested by PCS when I selected the build. It was one of the pre builds that they had on their website.

When you say it's better to switch to AMD do you mean the CPU? Again please excuse my ignorance.

I don't really have a budget as such but I'm happy with the price that was quoted for this one so anything in this region is fine (approx £2k)

Monitor wise, I don't have a price in mind as long as I'm getting a good balance between resolution and refresh rate. Still educating myself in this area.

Gavras

Master Poster
Read through this reference intel v amd stuff.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
When the guys on here spec a system, they are looking to spec a base that will last 7-10 years with a couple of GPU upgrades, hence the reason for boosting the PSU by about 100 Watts over what the card manufacturer recommends as a minimum