980 pro vs firecuda

Ash_

Master Poster
At a £42 price difference, i just can’t find myself able to recommend the Samsung on a build, over a firecuda, unless money is no object.

Does anyone know any time, when the Samsung is going to legit be worth that markup? (It’s roughly 50% more and that difference can often be price between a budget case and a solid case).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
At a £42 price difference, i just can’t find myself able to recommend the Samsung on a build, over a firecuda, unless money is no object.

Does anyone know any time, when the Samsung is going to legit be worth that markup? (It’s roughly 50% more and that difference can often be price between a budget case and a solid case).
It’s substantially quicker,
Remember AMD and Intel, Nvidia and Microsoft are all working on DirectStorage which will make drive speeds much more important:

Ash_

Master Poster
It’s substantially quicker,
Remember AMD and Intel, Nvidia and Microsoft are all working on DirectStorage which will make drive speeds much more important:

But most only use the gen 4 for their OS, the speed difference between the cuda and 980 is not that dramatic, as they are both extremely fast. And even a 500 read sata ssd will load windows extremely fast.

The price difference between a 980 and cuda, i have always found better, to spec a cuda with a second m.2, than a 980 with a HDD for the games.

Ive read that the samsung rma process is also alot smoother which is a small point to make but leans me more towards samsung ( when your pcs warrenty runs out )

Ash_

Master Poster
Ive read that the samsung rma process is also alot smoother which is a small point to make but leans me more towards samsung ( when your pcs warrenty runs out )
Don’t quote me but... i think the warranty of the cuda, is meant to be better. Although the service by samsung may be better

Don’t quote me but... i think the warranty of the cuda, is meant to be better. Although the service by samsung may be better
They both are 5 year warrentys dont get me wrong there both excellent companys just lean more towards samsung I guess its more up to a individual's budget

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
But most only use the gen 4 for their OS, the speed difference between the cuda and 980 is not that dramatic, as they are both extremely fast. And even a 500 read sata ssd will load windows extremely fast.

The price difference between a 980 and cuda, i have always found better, to spec a cuda with a second m.2, than a 980 with a HDD for the games.
If the budget is there I would always spec a Samsung over a firecuda for when directstorage comes into effect

It’s about 60% faster so it is significant.