A bit annoyed..

jamieblue

Hi guys,

About a week ago I ordered an Optimus III laptop, with an i7 2670QM and a GT 555M. Altogether it came to a price of over £800.

Today I've gone on the website to find that things have been updated.

The same class of laptop with same resolution, now has a GT 650M, with the options of going to higher i7 processors, for a cheaper price!! Processor and graphics card upgrade are now cheaper than a week ago :(

Sorry if this question has come up before on these forums - but will my chosen config be automatically updated to the updated version of the new config for Optimus III that would be sold at the same price? It hasn't even started the process of being 'Built' yet, it is still 'Processing', which gives me some hope :p. Thanks. I think it takes the mick a bit if it's not possible personally, just something like a little message saying that the current spec will be having upgraded stock in a few days, so might be best to wait till then would be nice..

Anyway, thought I might as well ask on here to see if I could possibly get an answer then wait until tomorrow to phone them.

:(

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I don't think it will be updated automatically, I'd recommend cancelling the order and re-order it.

Rakk

The Awesome
Sorry if this question has come up before on these forums - but will my chosen config be automatically updated to the updated version of the new config for Optimus III that would be sold at the same price?
No, just as in the same way you would not be charged extra if the prices went up between when you ordered and when it started getting built.
As rubensolo said, you would probably have to cancel and re-order to get the new pricing, and thus probably start at the bottom of the queue of laptops waiting to be built again.

Anyway, thought I might as well ask on here to see if I could possibly get an answer then wait until tomorrow to phone them.
I suspect they will not have anyone answering the phone til Wednesday given that tomorrow is a bank holiday and Tuesday is the Queens Jubilee day (I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not)