A level results

polycrac

Rising Star
Congratulations to all getting their A level results today!

And if you didn't get great grades, sod it - I screwed up mine too, failing the two subjects I wanted to study at Uni (but ended up as a lecturer in one of those subjects and with a doctorate in the other). A levels don't define you, they are taken at the point in your life when you are most distracted from study by life.

I'm also the admissions tutor for a UK University department (no names, I'm not trying to advertise my place) but it means I'm stuck in a 13 hour day dealing with clearing emails. It's sporadically busy and then dead for a while, so if anyone has clearing questions or wants informal advice from someone on the other side of the fence, feel free to ask!

turbocool

Yes, I agree with you on the following point;

"A levels don't define you, they are taken at the point in your life when you are most distracted from study by life. "

I walked through my GCSEs with AAABBBBCC, from an inner city London secondary school with stabbings and gang crime. Might not seem like much to most, but this was the highest mark in the class by a long margin.

A levels I did really bad. it was a bad time. Came out from a boys school, went to college, met girls for the first time. And just went to college just to hang out with girls.

Everyone I know said that I wasted my talent. I would be the sort of guy who just managed to pull through any school work without much thought or effort.

Would never send my kids to single sex school. Girls are usually better for it. But boys dont cope well.