A little slow!

Jambers

Hey everyone,

need some help, just recieved my new rig and it seems fine, everyting runs smoothly. My problem comes from the insanly long instalation times, instaling a program or game takes forever! My older rig with half the spec was twice as fast at the same programs. What am i doing wrong? Any advice?

Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
120GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 500MB/sW)
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
CORSAIR 750W PRO SERIES™ HX750-80 PLUS® SILVER MODULAR (£109)
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium - Fatal1ty Professional Series (£102)

Badgerhunter

Bronze Level Poster
if ur installing onto the ssd doesnt that slow installations down? Make sure you installing onto the sata and maybe the dvd drive youve got in this one isnt as good as the one on your last pc.

Jambers

hey badgerhunter, i would have thought it would have been quicker on ssd?! The dvd drives the same so shouldnt be a problem. Ive also noticed opening up a folder of images the thumbnails load slower then my old computer and its got twice the RAM than the old!

Badgerhunter

Bronze Level Poster
um, you could try doing a registry cleaner and deleting temp files. But try installing the same game on both hard drives and see which one is quicker because it may be due to that.

Rakk

The Awesome
But try installing the same game on both hard drives and see which one is quicker because it may be due to that.

Things to note: SSD's do have a limited amount of times you can write to them, so try not to go installing the same thing 15 times just to compare times, it will reduce their lifespan (hopefully not by too much, but I don't know)

Jambers

i accidentally installed in the ssd first as it came set up as the C drive for some reason. then installed on the other (D) non ssd drive and that was faster! Im totally miffed!