A monitor as good as a Mac display?

Rob1878

Bronze Level Poster
Whenever I go to my local PC World (which is admittedly not often) I am always impressed by the Apple Mac monitor, the display looks amazing. I did a little Google searching and it seems that the monitor is one area where Apple spend money, use premium hardware, use a glass fronted screen, etc. Is there a monitor for PC's that can recreate or come close to recreating the display of a Mac? I realise there are other factors like your setup as well. This would be used primarily for gaming. Anyone got any recommendations please?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Whenever I go to my local PC World (which is admittedly not often) I am always impressed by the Apple Mac monitor, the display looks amazing. I did a little Google searching and it seems that the monitor is one area where Apple spend money, use premium hardware, use a glass fronted screen, etc. Is there a monitor for PC's that can recreate or come close to recreating the display of a Mac? I realise there are other factors like your setup as well. This would be used primarily for gaming. Anyone got any recommendations please?

The Mac display is 1440p with a glossy glass front and IPS panel. It would be absolutely dreadful as a gaming monitor. You wouldn't want a glossy display as it causes reflections and fingerprints all over the place.

You won't find anything of that build quality for gaming, but there are still some beautiful monitors from LG and Asus with very minimal bezels, georgeous stands etc.

What's your budget and desired resolution? The apple display is around £750

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
For gaming there are far better monitors available, they just might not look as pretty but would perform far better. For example gaming monitors might be a higher refresh rate which can be good for gaming or ultrawide for a better field of view.

I'm not sure what monitors are available in PC World that you are comparing them too but I imagine there isn't a huge selection compared to what's available online. At that point you kind of need to trust the reviewers and people on forums to recommend you a monitor within your price range that has the features and specs that you would want.

Rob1878

Bronze Level Poster
Hi guys

Thanks for the replies. I don't have a budget as such, more of a general question really. The monitor I have (an Acer K272HUL) is perfectly reasonable, I probably need to experiment with the settings.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Hi guys

Thanks for the replies. I don't have a budget as such, more of a general question really. The monitor I have (an Acer K272HUL) is perfectly reasonable, I probably need to experiment with the settings.

Yep, that may help. You can change the brightness and contrast on the monitor and you can increase the saturation on the AMD or Nvidia settings apps which can certainly help. Always find the default settings to be a little too dull for my liking.