A new Bethesda IP: Starfield

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Oooooooo shiny!

Now Bethesda have had their fair share of controversy since fallout 3, I wonder what they can pull off here… apparently 25 years I’m the making!

Starfield has been on my radar for a couple of years, although it's mostly just been teaser images so far. The idea of an open worl....open galaxy(?) RPG with a similar vibe to Fallout or Skyrim. Could be so, so good if they get it right, or a bit of a nightmare if they get it wrong. I'm onboard with the concept though - just hoping they pull it off!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Starfield has been on my radar for a couple of years, although it's mostly just been teaser images so far. The idea of an open worl....open galaxy(?) RPG with a similar vibe to Fallout or Skyrim. Could be so, so good if they get it right, or a bit of a nightmare if they get it wrong. I'm onboard with the concept though - just hoping they pull it off!
It would be amazing if they don't balls it, I'm really looking forward to this one!

Hopefully they will crack on with TES6 now before I expire 😂, also had email this morning to say my PC is finally awaiting dispatch 😀

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
25 Years in the making isn't a good thing when it comes to games though, track record seems to suggest it'll be a nightmare unfocussed and slap dash mess like any other game that's spend significant time in development hell.

Then again, it's been a long long time since Bethesda did anything worth mentioning which doesn't bode well for my beloved Elder Scrolls

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
25 Years in the making isn't a good thing when it comes to games though, track record seems to suggest it'll be a nightmare unfocussed and slap dash mess like any other game that's spend significant time in development hell.

Then again, it's been a long long time since Bethesda did anything worth mentioning which doesn't bode well for my beloved Elder Scrolls
25 years in the making is because it's Bethesda's first new IP in 25 years. This isn't an epic development hell scenario.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Starfield has been in development for years
In an interview with The Guardian, Howard says "We've been talking about it for a decade, we started putting things on paper five, six years ago, and active development was from when we finished Fallout 4, so two and a half, three years.”7 days ago

Seen numerous interviews where good old todd has stated quite alot that they had wanted to develop it sooner but the outcry for fallout and elder scrolls is to strong to ignore I have hope for starfield im just hoping its a game and not a tech demo for the next elder scrolls engine ......... or worse

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Good grief, that was using the Creation engine? It’s come a long way since Skyrim! It needed a reworking, Bethesda have been resting on their laurels for a bit too long.
Honestly if they keep using the creation engine it will be their downfall. The tech that runs that is woefully ancient at this point, there is only so much they can force creation engine to play ball and also the amount of time they have to put into getting it anywhere close to looking okay.. why not just upgrade.

It needed upgrading in FO4, it definitely needs upgrading now.