A particular reason why I like truck simulators....

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
So no doubt you are going to be wondering why it is I am posting in this area of the forum as to why I like truck simulators. Well what better way to explain to you all than to actually show you why.

Well I've said a couple times that you can modify these games, now maybe wondering how. There are some amazing people out there who are kind enough to take time out to build new models for games from trailers to trucks to new maps and then there are people like me who are known as 'skinners' basically taking these mods and making them into our own! Well my speciality being both trucks and trailers and how I skin them well one day I do hope to own my own truck but well not here in the UK or anywhere in Europe for that matter (Too many rules and regulations and the fact its harder and harder to make a go of things here is the reason being!) Anyway enough going on about my future dreams/plans the reason in question.

Well to show you what I'm actually talking about I've posted some pictures below of my current projects to give you an idea why it is I like the games as I do.....and it has my name written all over it :D Lol!

7345009000_93c5ddd418.jpg
7345012578_ba6da38578.jpg

7159809045_3f167e9ca5.jpg
7344968716_1c1f4a667b.jpg

7344970808_c18bea9142.jpg
7159791469_bd97bb94de.jpg

7159792565_85405105b4.jpg
7345003378_3e5673b47d.jpg

7159776617_7e0ea5eb9c.jpg
7159774301_375d5a0a08.jpg

7159786643_498a1c24d2.jpg
7344995500_3b129902ba.jpg

Now as you can see some of these pictures are of my work when they were in progress aka not complete :D So if some of them seem a little off it's because they weren't complete but thankfully I've been able to sort them to the best of my ability. And as for the trailers I haven't even started on those yet as I am still in the process of sorting my truck collection out on this game :D Haha! And eventually I will record a video of my superb driving skills......to give you an idea of what you do in these games although I think it's pretty obvious! But having had this computer for a few weeks now I am putting it through its paces and well to say PCS has made me a happy bunny :D Well that's the biggest understatement this year!!

I'll post the video sometime today I think :) all being well!

Cheers

Jonny

stegor

Bright Spark
This post reminded me of the worst PC game ever made:

Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing

The lowest score ever given to a game on Gamespot.

What? You can't be serious. This game revolutionised gaming forever and even today it stands up against games such as Skyrim, BF3 etc. If you haven't got it I urge you to go out and buy it now - whatever you do don't read the reviews though, they contain many spoilers that will ruin your many hours of enjoyment.:whistling:

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
In my opinion people who read game reviews are usually those who can be easily led say if I went and said Dead Island was absolutely rubbish it would have them believe it is without them even playing it....like many people who said MW3 was rubbish and it was a let down...I still went out and bought it and already have about 4 hours of gameplay after owning it for about a week baring in mind I work 12 hour shifts 4 days a week on a 4 on 4 off basis...so quite a lot of hours needless to say. But what I enjoy you might dis-like visa versa. And if it isn't already noticeable I'm soon to become a truck driver and these games are the closest thing I (And many other people) can get to the real thing.....I hope you don't dine tetris or pacman boring :p Otherwise there could be a problem!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I like your truck, reminds me of optimus prime. I am not sure whether I'd enjoy playing the simulator or not, I do not particularly enjoy games involving cars (bad coordination) but if available as a free trial I may give it a go.

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
Ahah Thanks! and yes all the truck simulators come with a 60 minute free trial although with the recent Truck & Trailers game thats only a 30 minute demo although its more of an arcade style game than a simulator

All of which can be found http://scssoftware.com/ here, As I said everything with gaming in general is down to taste, some people like simulators some like first person shooters or some people like games like the sims or WOW and then you have gamers like me who will play anything so long as it's fun :) Lol although again what I see as fun someone may see as boring! But certainly modding these games make them even more fun to make them more 'personalized' to my style :)

Cheers

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
Lol I think you got the hang of it stegor :p But I was just saying those who usually read them reviews are those who will have their minds made up before they even play the game if you get what i mean...

TravelSite

Is there a car simulator available which allows you to drive all the roads in the UK, or would this be the closest thing to it?

I'm useless at directions and would love to virtually "drive" somewhere before actually having to do so!

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
As far as I know this is the closest thing too it :) Lol although I wouldn't take the maps as actual maps of the country as you'll find that places aren't where they should be like in the UKTS game, Aberdeen is located in the top right of the map when aberdeen (Correct me if im wrong) is on the top left side of the country...lol if that makes any sense

Big_Rich

Silver Level Poster
Is there a car simulator available which allows you to drive all the roads in the UK, or would this be the closest thing to it?

I'm useless at directions and would love to virtually "drive" somewhere before actually having to do so!

Google Streetmaps? lol