A Thank You to the Regulars - from a sort of new member...

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
A belated hello....

I'm a bit in shock - and not in a good way - that have such a ridiculous total post count here already - despite only hanging around here for a couple of months. I think that says more about my social life than I care to admit - even with the effect of the pandemic factored in. Anyway.....

Firstly a quick intro - I'm NoddyPilot - the second part of my name is what I do, although not so much lately (thank you very much CV-19 :rolleyes: ) - and the first part is my Childhood hero - again perhaps further indications of the quality of my social life.

Prior to PCS I was not (and still am not) a computer person. I could get inside a PC case and swap out RAM or PSU's or CPU's and coolers and so on, but the actual internal workings and options and components were not really on my radar. Going through the process of building my first custom PC with PCS got me much more interested in the whole Industry and videos such as those from Gamers Nexus seemed to call to my inherent OCD and thirst for understanding things I currently don't. The journey so far has been great fun I must say.

But really I am just here to say a huge thank you to all the regulars here on the forum. The Mods of course are top of the list - for putting up with my incessant waffle - and editing out my Irishness when it appears - but most of all for the large amounts of time and effort they put in to simply helping people like me better understand things, find asnwers to their questions, and save money and increase value for people looking to fix up their old PCS machines or purchase new ones. Alongside the mods are the handful of regular posters who have an awesome level of knowledge and equal willingness to assist and advise. It is easy to forget that everyone here volunteers their time and effort. When you think about, it's kind of incredible really.

There is absolutely no point in me trying to mention anyone or everyone - apart from anything it will annoy them when they see my name appear in their notifications YET AGAIN - but you all know who you are.

Thanks for putting up with me. Thanks for your answering my questions. Thanks for trying to genuinely help everyone who comes here looking for guidance.

Long may it last.....

Noddy(not so much)Pilot

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A belated hello....

I'm a bit in shock - and not in a good way - that have such a ridiculous total post count here already - despite only hanging around here for a couple of months. I think that says more about my social life than I care to admit - even with the effect of the pandemic factored in. Anyway.....

Firstly a quick intro - I'm NoddyPilot - the second part of my name is what I do, although not so much lately (thank you very much CV-19 ) - and the first part is my Childhood hero - again perhaps further indications of the quality of my social life.

Prior to PCS I was not (and still am not) a computer person. I could get inside a PC case and swap out RAM or PSU's or CPU's and coolers and so on, but the actual internal workings and options and components were not really on my radar. Going through the process of building my first custom PC with PCS got me much more interested in the whole Industry and videos such as those from Gamers Nexus seemed to call to my inherent OCD and thirst for understanding things I currently don't. The journey so far has been great fun I must say.

But really I am just here to say a huge thank you to all the regulars here on the forum. The Mods of course are top of the list - for putting up with my incessant waffle - and editing out my Irishness when it appears - but most of all for the large amounts of time and effort they put in to simply helping people like me better understand things, find asnwers to their questions, and save money and increase value for people looking to fix up their old PCS machines or purchase new ones. Alongside the mods are the handful of regular posters who have an awesome level of knowledge and equal willingness to assist and advise. It is easy to forget that everyone here volunteers their time and effort. When you think about, it's kind of incredible really.

There is absolutely no point in me trying to mention anyone or everyone - apart from anything it will annoy them when they see my name appear in their notifications YET AGAIN - but you all know who you are.

Thanks for putting up with me. Thanks for your answering my questions. Thanks for trying to genuinely help everyone who comes here looking for guidance.

Long may it last.....

Noddy(not so much)Pilot
What a lovely post

You've been a lovely addition to the forum, and I hope that will long continue. It's so nice when people stick around and you see their knowledge grow and that hunger for more hit them. The rate that you've picked some quite advanced things up has been quite frankly, quite intimidating at times, your knowledge of overclocking now far outweighs mine!

Keep on posting, I've learnt a huge amount off you, and thoroughly enjoy having you around :)

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
A belated hello....

Firstly a quick intro - I'm NoddyPilot - the second part of my name is what I do, although not so much lately (thank you very much CV-19 :rolleyes: ) - and the first part is my Childhood hero - again perhaps further indications of the quality of my social life.

Long may it last.....

Noddy(not so much)Pilot
For the time I've been around, you always seemed like a friendly and helpful guy to my eyes. So it's also me thanking you. It's with people like you that communities grow, become better and more cohesive instead of falling apart

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I can only echo what @SpyderTracks has said, you’ve fast slotted in as an amiable and fun loving member of the forum. I’ve very much enjoyed reading your threads on your experiments with the inner workings of your system, please keep them coming 🙂👍

I’m also liking that some of our valued forum users are only now just posting in the ‘new members’ section (I’m looking at you, @Steveyg and @MrWilson). It feels like we know you pretty dang well already but it’s nice to make it official.

I’ve also just realised that I never did a new member post, but it’s far too late for me to hop on that train. Besides, what would it say?

‘I like Twin Peaks, shiny things and neatly organised cables’

What a loser 🙃

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I can only echo what @SpyderTracks has said, you’ve fast slotted in as an amiable and fun loving member of the forum. I’ve very much enjoyed reading your threads on your experiments with the inner workings of your system, please keep them coming 🙂👍

I’m also liking that some of our valued forum users are only now just posting in the ‘new members’ section (I’m looking at you, @Steveyg and @MrWilson). It feels like we know you pretty dang well already but it’s nice to make it official.

I’ve also just realised that I never did a new member post, but it’s far too late for me to hop on that train. Besides, what would it say?

What a loser 🙃
How come you can do a thumbs up as well..... is it just me???? I feel naked and afraid

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
How come you can do a thumbs up as well..... is it just me???? I feel naked and afraid
Do spiders even have thumbs?

A29E1107-885F-4D6B-92C9-909C77AF77BF.gif

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Bunch of us sort of joined around the same time I think, always thought of you and Mr.Wilson as being around a lot longer than me but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Well welcome I guess good to have you, enjoying reading about you breaking your computer in the overclocking sections :ROFLMAO:
Thanks @Steveyg ! Every now and again I do wonder what in the world I am doing - but then it dawns on me that if I keep pushing things I will be able to provide some useful advice on the forum regarding exclusions to the PCS Warranty as well as early life CPU replacement.

Then I can get the 11900K that @AgentCooper promised me and have some real fun. Just wondering if he would help with getting some of this delivered to me too..... 🤔

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

What a loser 🙃
I think i did one a very long time ago :ROFLMAO: (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
A belated Welcome! I've always been curious about the reason behind the Noddy Pilot name!

It's been great working along side you for the last few months and it's been interesting reading through all the experiments you've been doing too. Much like you, I joined relatively recently and am amazed at the amount of messages I've amassed, all the knowledge I've gained and the great times I've had. It's been great to have you around and hope it's the beginning of a great PC recommending relationship! :ROFLMAO:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
A belated welcome to the forums then! :)

A pilot eh? Here's a true pilot story....

In the marina here during the winter we get a lot of liveaboards and we have a group barbecue every Sunday, it's the perfect way for new arrivals to meet everyone. One year we had a lovely Japanese guy and his wife turn up - he told us to call him Yoshi. He spoke English with a very strong Japanese accent, his wife spoke hardly any at all. We asked him what he did before he moved aboard his yacht (we ask everyone that) and he said "I'm pirate".

The hubbub of people chatting feel eerily silent and everyone looked at Yoshi. What he didn't know was that the winter before, an American flagged yacht that was booked in for that winter in our marina had been hijacked by Somali pirates and all four Americans aboard had been killed. We were pretty sensitive to piracy that year I can tell you.

The guy sitting opposite asked him again what he did. "I'm pirate" he replied, smiling. Somebody asked him what sort of pirate he was and he said "air-rine pirate". It turns out he used to fly 747s for JAL.