About DTR future processors and a processor from yesterday

marioweber153

Hello,

1. Does anybody knows, if there are any future-plans that customers can buy for example "recoil DTR" with Intel's core i9-12900K?

2. Or is it possible to oder a recoil with Intel's core i9-10900K? - I would prever it over Intel's i9-11900K, or is the 10900K definitly outdated to build in a Recoil DTR?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello,

1. Does anybody knows, if there are any future-plans that customers can buy for example "recoil DTR" with Intel's core i9-12900K?

2. Or is it possible to oder a recoil with Intel's core i9-10900K? - I would prever it over Intel's i9-11900K, or is the 10900K definitly outdated to build in a Recoil DTR?
They stopped production of the 10 series processors quite a long time ago, PCS I'm sure have run out of stocks of that chassis.

You'd need to ask PCS about upcoming chassis, but they usually don't give anything away until release date. But it would be an entirely new laptop as the 12900k has a different socket and wouldn't fit the motherboard, let alone the massive increase in thermals.

Even on their 10th gen chassis they have no 10900k's available:

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hello,
Just to complete what spydertrack said, i didn't see anything on the net about DTR (or clevo/tongfang laptop) with intel 12th gen for now.
It look like there is an "embargo" from intel and nvidia about giving informations for the new generation gpu/cpu into laptop
The 17" 11th gen recoil is still amazing thought (even if this intel gen was not the best improvement from the previous one)
So, depending on what you want and if you need it right now, you can go for it or wait until there is official announcements ^^