absolute JOKE!

ryano

i got a laptop a few years back with decent specs ect .. and i wiped it god knows how many times and my cpu ran 100 and its always making a complete racket , i had my hard drive updated and its made no differnce .. Service host and svc host and this other thing is making it far to hot when i only open a browser .......... ive tried everything from disabling stuff and its not working !!!! sort this problem as i paid nearly £700 for a laptop ( hot plate ) also i have 1 program installed and its a clean laptop

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Can you post the full specs?

Can you monitor your temps on idle and post the readings?

When you say you updated your hard drive, what to?

Btw, staff don’t monitor these forums, it’s run by customers and techies, so if you want direct communication, best to phone.

ryano

it idles at between 50/60 with simply firefox open/
Cosmos Series: 17.3" Matte HD+ LED 16:9 Widescreen (1600x900)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4710MQ (2.50GHz) 6MB
16GB KINGSTON SODIMM DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 8GB)
INTEL® HD GRAPHICS MEDIA ACCELERATOR 4600
500 ssd hardrive ( cant remember name as i upgraded it from a 1TB )
8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Cosmos Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (48.84WH)
1 x UK Power Lead & 90W AC Adaptor
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N CARD + BT 3.0 (RTL8723BE)
3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
COSMOS 17" SERIES UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD (NON-BACKLIT)
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Windows 10 (64-bit) Home DVD with paper sleeve (

ryano

plus my fan is constantly running ? and memory sits at 33 ( ive opened the laptop and cleaned the dust ect )

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It’s likely the CPU needs a repaste. This is very easy to do and there are tutorials on YouTube.

I’d recommend thermal grizzly kryonaut paste.

This is normal for a gaming laptop, they have to be serviced every year or so.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i just checked and this company replaced the paste 8 months ago ? surely it cant be that ..
If it’s hitting those temps, it’s either a bad paste job, or it’s developed a bubble, or the fan isn’t working properly.

It should be idling around the early 40’s, anything over that needs attention.

ryano

the fan seems to spin fine ? it doesnt stop spinning .. ive got youtube open just now and its sitting at about 56 temp

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Got the image, I would say that’s an unacceptable job, there’s loads of excess spilt over the edge and doesn’t look like there was even an even application over the die.

I would start with a repaste, then re evaluate. Once we’ve got temps down, then we can focus on fans, it’s possible if they’re still running full tilt at respectable temps that there’s a BIOS update to address fan profiles, but first thing to do is a paste job.

ryano

you just saved me so many adult tantums lol , they apparently applied new paste that fixed the fan issue 08/2018? clearly the tech guy had 2 glass eyes !. but overall you'd say its likely the paste ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
you just saved me so many adult tantums lol , they apparently applied new paste that fixed the fan issue 08/2018? clearly the tech guy had 2 glass eyes !. but overall you'd say its likely the paste ?
I would definitely say that current application is sub standard. The likelihood is that it’s not adequately passing heat to the fins which will likely see increased temps.

We should expect to see an improvement with a repaste. And it’s a cheap fix to try first. I would hope to see idling temps at least 10 degrees if not more lower.

Further comment: do you have any addons in Firefox?

ryano

Im going to buy some tomorrow at somepoint and give it a good wipe before i apply it , then ill post an update of temps ! but honestly thanks for giving me the time of day.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Im going to buy some tomorrow at somepoint and give it a good wipe before i apply it , then ill post an update of temps ! but honestly thanks for giving me the time of day.
No problem at all, keep us posted.

If I were you, I’d do a full attack and buy some 90% proof isopropyl alcohol to clean the cpu fully. A cotton bud or lint free cloth (personally I use kitchen paper but don’t tell anyone) can be used with the alcohol to wipe off the current paste.

Amazon do both the isopropyl and thermal grizzly.

100ml Bottle isopropanol Alcohol 99% Isopropyl Liquid Cleaner https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AMYY95Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Ybi.Cb147EMAY

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 12.5 W / m · K 1 g thermal grease (-200 to 350 ° C) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B011F7W3LU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_udi.CbWDRFVXJ

Last edited: