Adaptive Sync (Freesync) output on 15.6" Vyper II

jefpow

My new 15.6" Vyper II is now in build so I'm waiting like a kid on Christmas eve for dispatch. One thing I didnt realise about the Nvidia GPU's until looking a a few reviews of the desktop 1660Ti's is that some of them now support adaptive sync i.e Freesync in additon to G-sync. So I was wondering if the 1660Ti version of the 15.6" Vyper II supports adaptive sync on its display port output (I appreciate that the laptop screen is not Freesync or G-sync)?

jefpow

In reply to my own question, yes the 1660ti 15.6" Vyper II does seem to be accomodating my 1440p 144hz freesync monitor when plugged into the mini display port, the Nvidia pendulum test seems to show this from what I can gather. Performance wise my timespy score is around 6250 / firestrike 14450 when operating on the Gaming centre turbo mode.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My new 15.6" Vyper II is now in build so I'm waiting like a kid on Christmas eve for dispatch. One thing I didnt realise about the Nvidia GPU's until looking a a few reviews of the desktop 1660Ti's is that some of them now support adaptive sync i.e Freesync in additon to G-sync. So I was wondering if the 1660Ti version of the 15.6" Vyper II supports adaptive sync on its display port output (I appreciate that the laptop screen is not Freesync or G-sync)?
In reply to my own question, yes the 1660ti 15.6" Vyper II does seem to be accomodating my 1440p 144hz freesync monitor when plugged into the mini display port, the Nvidia pendulum test seems to show this from what I can gather. Performance wise my timespy score is around 6250 / firestrike 14450 when operating on the Gaming centre turbo mode.
Sorry! Not sure how we missed this!

Well, I'm glad you found that it works! NVidia cleverly marketted their "GSync Compatible" as only working with monitors that they've approved and signed off, but really any nvidia card will now work quite happily with any Freesync monitor (although some better than others).

I'm pleased it's working for you!