Adding Fans , help for beginner required !

dobh

Hi All,
Recieved my Pc last week (all present and correct and really happy so far), and was thinking of adding 2/3 fans with leds more for asthetics than anything else , my rig is a coolermaster haf 912 case and a P8P67 mobo and a tx650 power supply , it came supplied with 2 fans .
Now where would I connect the fans to, the mobo?(is there more ports to connect to?), power supply (then surely they would be on all the time) or both? and would I have to change any settings in the bios ?
Thanks in advance for any help !

onlynik

Enthusiast
Fans can recieve their power from either the PSU or motherboard for power. Most fans will come with power connectors for both the MB and PSU. Are there places for the fans to fit inside you case? I'm not familiar with the case, so there may or may not places for you to mount them.

dobh

Yep , there plenty of places to mount them , but surely if I connect them directly to the power supply they will be on all the time , as the power supply has its own on/off switch on rear , as well as the computer having the standard on/off switch on the front ?

Teaz

Godlike
you should be able to plug them in fine into the motherboard and they should run fine. if not you may be better off with getting a fan controller perhaps?

dobh

Does anyone know how many fan outputs are on the P8P67 mobo because I would presume I have two in use already !

onlynik

Enthusiast
Does anyone know how many fan outputs are on the P8P67 mobo because I would presume I have two in use already !

1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (4 -pin)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin, 1 x 3 -pin)
1 x Power Fan connector(s) (3 -pin)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I would suggest getting a fan controller for the case fans. Someone can correct me if im wrong but i think your case fans with be connected to that.