Admit it, you bought the 3090 because the 3080 wait times were too much for you

loso64

wait you got your gpu 3 days of waiting, wowzers which 3090 ?
the reason he got it after 3 days of wait is, he already waited 50 days. So he automatically jumped the queue. That is how it works as far as i understand.
They do not pick and lock a card for your order, if someone changes something and is before you in the queue, they gonna get that assigned stuff first

Just updated my order was going for a 3080 but updated order to a 3090 on 9 days so far. I am without a computer atm and have a few photography/ videography jobs next month that I may have to cancel so I’m urgent need of a pc.

Last edited:

grunge

the reason he got it after 3 days of wait is, he already waited 50 days. So he automatically jumped the queue. That is how it works as far as i understand.
They do not pick and lock a card for your order, if someone changes something and is before you in the queue, they gonna get that assigned stuff first
im not sure if thats correct .. but if it is, it does show they have stock coming in

AlienBzkts

Any reason to not simply pick a RX 6900 XT? Slightly cheaper and is in stock?
I think the RX 6900 XT is an amazing card but personally, I didn't go for it because of nVidia DLSS which IMHO is a real game-changer, even more than the RTX. If you watch benchmarks, you'll see that DLSS in some cases grant you 30+ fps and it's what you need to boost the frames when you're at 1440p or 4K.

loso64

I think the RX 6900 XT is an amazing card but personally, I didn't go for it because of nVidia DLSS which IMHO is a real game-changer, even more than the RTX. If you watch benchmarks, you'll see that DLSS in some cases grant you 30+ fps and it's what you need to boost the frames when you're at 1440p or 4K.
exactly my reason why i am sticking with NVIDIA, not because i am fanboy. but because nVidia has the technology advantage for what i want in long term. DLSS and RT Performance. But if AMD ever catches on i will be willing to switch. Same thing why i am going first time for AMD cpu, because they are now a lot more competetive compared to intel for better prices too.

Last edited:

Schmoo2k

Bronze Level Poster
exactly my reason why i am sticking with NVIDIA, not because i am fanboy. but because nVidia has the technology advantage for what i want in long term. DLSS and RT Performance. But if AMD ever catches on i will be willing to switch. Same thing why i am going first time for AMD, because they are now a lot more competetive compared to intel for better prices too.
I agree 100% the DLSS tech is why I would be hesitant - but - with a 3090 or RX 6900 XT you won't realistically need to enable it unless your looking at 8K gaming? IOW DLSS is more important in a 3070 or 3060?

AlienBzkts

exactly my reason why i am sticking with NVIDIA, not because i am fanboy. but because nVidia has the technology advantage for what i want in long term. DLSS and RT Performance. But if AMD ever catches on i will be willing to switch. Same thing why i am going first time for AMD, because they are now a lot more competetive compared to intel for better prices too.
Agree here, if AMD tomorrow would enable a DLSS-kinda system that is also supported by gaming developers, brute-force I think AMD will do amazing, especially considering PS5 and Xbox Series X/S have AMD gpus, so that would make developers life easier.

loso64

I agree 100% the DLSS tech is why I would be hesitant - but - with a 3090 or RX 6900 XT you won't realistically need to enable it unless your looking at 8K gaming? IOW DLSS is more important in a 3070 or 3060?
well, even with 3090 i am looking for DLSS, because ultrawide 100fps is not always plausible, might be this year, but not in 2-3 years. Basically the DLSS will ensure that the gpu gonna last a lot longer lifespan than older cards did. This is main reason why i want DLSS and nvidia. If i am spending 6.2k euro on a pc, i want it to last at least 6-8 years, ideally longer (possibly gf will inherit this pc later when i will want more upgrades, as she does not care about graphics as i do, nor she plays high end games as i do)

loso64

Agree here, if AMD tomorrow would enable a DLSS-kinda system that is also supported by gaming developers, brute-force I think AMD will do amazing, especially considering PS5 and Xbox Series X/S have AMD gpus, so that would make developers life easier.
amd is working on that tech with fidellity fx or whatever the name was, that will also run on the consoles. So promise is there, but it is not here right now when i am making choice of what to go with for new pc. Maybe for next gpu, AMD will be consideration for me

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
amd is working on that tech with fidellity fx or whatever the name was, that will also run on the consoles. So promise is there, but it is not here right now when i am making choice of what to go with for new pc. Maybe for next gpu, AMD will be consideration for me
Yeah, AMDs version is just about to be released:

But as always it’s all down to devs implementing it in games.

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
exactly my reason why i am sticking with NVIDIA, not because i am fanboy. but because nVidia has the technology advantage for what i want in long term. DLSS and RT Performance. But if AMD ever catches on i will be willing to switch. Same thing why i am going first time for AMD cpu, because they are now a lot more competetive compared to intel for better prices too.
Same here. First AMD system for me (5900x) but stuck with nVidia (3090) because of RTX and DLSS and as per the thread title, I ordered a 3090 to avoid the multiple months wait in the 3080 queue and then switched that to a Strix 3090 to avoid the multiple weeks Palit/Zotac 3090 queue. Impatience is an expensive business! :D 3 weeks from order to delivery for me.

AlienBzkts

Well, update for my PC <3, I will receive it on Monday! I'll make a huge thread to show a total makeover from my old pc to this new station, can't wait.