Advice, broken laptop

domjmurphy

Hi everyone, this is not going to be a whinge on thread. I just wanted a little bit of advice from other forum members regarding my laptop.

After waiting a little while for my new Vortex III to be built / delivered, it arrived with a dead pixel. 2 weeks of waiting saw the laptop returned (after a an email to nudge the process along). After unpacking and turning it on I now have a screen filled with black and white lines and garbled blocks of colour.

I'm obviously dissapointed as I feel as though both of these issues could have been avoided if the laptop had a proper inspection before it was sent out. I now feel like a lot of the excitement of waiting for the laptop was worn off and I'm in 2 minds if i want to keep it.

I'm not demanding a refund or anything, i just wondered if anyone knew where i stood on one. I know i'm outside of the distance selling reg's window for returns but i just want to know what my options are. I am now almost 2 months into ordering this laptop and I have had virtually no use out of it.

Thanks for any help

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Best thing will be to contact PCS, you could try to get it sorted with them one more time and if you are still dissatisfied with their response seek a refund.

beg

Bronze Level Poster
Dead pixels.. I really need to screenshot my laptop / screens. Sometimes my deadpixels make people look like they have moustaches on facebook.