Advice on motherboard

spyglys

Bronze Level Poster
Hello there all, I recently decided to start a build using either fx 6300 or 8350 amd CPUs which are am3+ and my problem is that reading all the reviews about motherboards I'm stuck......
So my question is what would be a good motherboard for:
Gaming
Everyday use
Future ocing
Would be nice if it had USB 3.0s and 6gb/s transfer.
All of them in one mobo that is :)
Price, hopefully under £150 but can be pushed as it will be my pc for min next 5+ years.
Thank you for your help.

Frank100

Rising Star
Hi,

AMD chips represent excellent value at the lower end but if you're after gaming and/or over clocking I'd go with the Intel Ivy bridge processors. That means you'd be looking at the Z77 named boards.

Is there any reason why you are set on AMD?

spyglys

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

AMD chips represent excellent value at the lower end but if you're after gaming and/or over clocking I'd go with the Intel Ivy bridge processors. That means you'd be looking at the Z77 named boards.

Is there any reason why you are set on AMD?

Value for money is one and from the research I saw was that amd oc was better and more simple. Also I like the 8 cores so its kind of future proofing as well.
It will also allow me to push for higher ram, ssd, bigger/more hdds and a better Gpu.
I compared two build i7 2700k CPU and fx8350 choosing all the same components except for mobo intel worked out to be 300+ pounds more...

Last edited: