Advice to those in customer service/sales

Mashup47

Bronze Level Poster
Well PCS have been advertising the 17.3 Valeno with the same specs as the one I ordered in March for the last week with a lead time of 6-9 days and a build time of 6 to 9 days so I should get it by the end of this month at the latest. Lets hope it works out.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If you log in to your account > Order Details > My Orders..... you will see the current lead times.
these are they

1630013194499.png

TheSnake

And yet when speccing and placing an order - when you need to know the dispatch time to compare with other retailers - you can only select 'standard build time, approximately 13-16 days'.

I think this is misleading when they clearly have more accurate information to know that this won't be the case. The build time there is almost double the 'approximate' they provide at the point of sale.

TheSnake

And I'm actually thinking of cancelling my recent order after noticing that! Is it just me or does this seem dodgy?

MrWilson

Godlike
And I'm actually thinking of cancelling my recent order after noticing that! Is it just me or does this seem dodgy?

If you want to look at another retailer that is your right as a consumer. As this is a PCS owned forum we cannot comment on any competitors but this does not stop you doing your own research, and if you find a deal elsewhere that is preferable to you then I wish you the best of luck.

If you want to order a PCS build with components that have been marked as pre order you will receive a pop up when you hit proceed explaining there is a possibility your build will not arrive within the APPROXIMATE 13-16 WD time period.

Its also worth noting that the desktop and laptop build queues are very different entities.

TheSnake

If you want to look at another retailer that is your right as a consumer. As this is a PCS owned forum we cannot comment on any competitors but this does not stop you doing your own research, and if you find a deal elsewhere that is preferable to you then I wish you the best of luck.

If you want to order a PCS build with components that have been marked as pre order you will receive a pop up when you hit proceed explaining there is a possibility your build will not arrive within the APPROXIMATE 13-16 WD time period.

Its also worth noting that the desktop and laptop build queues are very different entities.

I'm just saying that if the info they have post order on delays is accurate, and conflicts with what the consumer sees when purchasing (as it seems to) this is misleading. They should publish that table when people are placing orders + note whether it includes 'pre order' items - like GPU I expect.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Just for clarity, the lead times page shown above (on the dark background) shows the history of dispatch times based on a time period in the past (e.g. last 30 days), whereas the build time on the order page shows our projected lead times, e.g. if we had delays in the last 30 days this will show on that page, but if we have since worked through most delays and added extra staff and the output is now higher, the future projected lead times offered on the configurator will be less.

Due to the way we work, it's never an exact science as explained previously.

Hope that makes sense.

Mashup47

Bronze Level Poster
Just for clarity, the lead times page shown above (on the dark background) shows the history of dispatch times based on a time period in the past (e.g. last 30 days), whereas the build time on the order page shows our projected lead times, e.g. if we had delays in the last 30 days this will show on that page, but if we have since worked through most delays and added extra staff and the output is now higher, the future projected lead times offered on the configurator will be less.

Hope that makes sense.
Hmm 94 days and still waiting... How dose that compare to the 99.01% dispatched in 28 days shown above.

Mashup47

Bronze Level Poster
Hey Mashup47, I don't know your order sadly but if you want to DM me your order number I'll find out for you.
Thank you for the offer of help:), but I have just recived an email(saturday) stating that thay have changed my order number to a new one and put it into a high priority build slot, so I'm hoping that I should have most of my order in 2 weeks. I will keep this post updated if and when I recive it. Thanks againg for the offer of help.:)

TheSnake

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks - that does make sense and gives me reassurance. So the approx for my order is 13-16 (working?) days as that was what was shown on the configurator. I have already checked with support that there were no unavailable parts or pre-order parts for my build.

micrus

Just so you know, the average days orders are dispatched are now currently 28.86 days
For desktops. For laptops it's 9.1 days. My laptop has been in pre-production for 26 working days. I emailed support a week ago asking for information about the status of my order and they said they'd let me know when they had more information, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Emailed again today, so hopefully they'll actually tell me what's going on soon.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For desktops. For laptops it's 9.1 days. My laptop has been in pre-production for 26 working days. I emailed support a week ago asking for information about the status of my order and they said they'd let me know when they had more information, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Emailed again today, so hopefully they'll actually tell me what's going on soon.
Emails take awhile for a response, just pick up the phone