Advice to those in customer service/sales

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
and 2200 processor's/systems arriving every 30 day's,
This is what we keep trying to drum in and is littered all over the stickies which you all agree to read before you post but few do.

There is no such thing as expected orders, and hasn't been for some time. The worldwide logistics routes are completely up the nose due to a large range of factors, including covid, brexit, downturn of production at the factory due to no materials, trade wars between US and China and other things. At various stages over the last year there have literally been queues as ships are held outside of ports due to delays in processing, and issues with border control.

A LOT OF THE TIME SHIPMENTS TURN UP HALF FULFILLED, OR JUST DON'T TURN UP AT ALL, OR ARE MONTHS LATE

Alongside this the cost of shipping a container has risen from about £2000 to 10,000 since the pandemic began.

Most of us are quite heavily blinded to the reality of the difficulties that industry are facing related to the current conditions. It's really really tough out there! You may not realise it but huge amounts of workers who've contracted covid months ago are still out of work due to ongoing symptoms. A lot of people can't legally work due to underlying conditions.

Last edited:

Mashup47

Bronze Level Poster
Funny thing is I know this was going to happen back in Feb 2020 and thought I was safe until My main pc Died in march of this year.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Funny thing is I know this was going to happen back in Feb 2020 and thought I was safe until My main pc Died in march of this year.
That's really unlucky. I do count my lucky stars that ***touch wood*** my old 4th Gen i7 devices are holding up so far. But yeah, if you've got no choice, then it's a really tough time to be buying.

Although right this second, things are pretty good, 24 working days is pretty fantastic compared to even 3 weeks ago.

Mashup47

Bronze Level Poster
Just had some good news that my laptop is ready for dispatch so should/hopfuly get is this week. Which would be fantastic and would mean I can start earning some money to buy my next main system. the only problem now is the high prices which I reackon are going to be the new normal price's going forward for the next few year's 😟 (we never had it so good until covid come along)

Mashup47

Bronze Level Poster
Yea My laptop arrived today all nicely packaged. Seems to be working but will have to wait to the weekend to run full test. One issue tho is the lack of recovery usb media which means I have to connect this laptop to the internet and download 10gb+ file which is not what I wanted to do.

I got a refund of £70.84 due the lack of 10tb harddrives? which means I paid an extra £105 for the laptop. so much for not paying more then the advertised price. But a least I have it now. will report back once I have downloaded & installed a new copy of windows 10 to run test's.

Mashup47

Bronze Level Poster
@Martinr36
yea thats going to be my job this weekend, borrow a friends computer again. Download all the driver's to build my own custom recovery media install without the win10 junk and install all the Drivers and settings I want on the system as it's never going to see the internet well mybe through a VM, . Just would of been nice, less of a hasle if I had the USB considering ! paid £105 over...