Advice to upgrade current PC

Ste98

I have had my PC for a few years now and it is still at a good level for gaming but i am looking to see if i can improve upon it.

Case
NZXT H500 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (WHITE)
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Eight Core CPU (3.9GHz-4.5GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i PRO Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal Paste
COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
LED Lighting
50cm White LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account

The main issue i am having is cooling. When i play any game with decent graphics my pc shoots up to above 70c most of the time when i am controlling the fans and if i were to have them go any faster my PC might take off. Is there any suggestions for good cooling i should get?

I am also maybe looking to upgrade the cpu or gpu. They can still run games but i seem to not always max fps.

Will it also be worth getting more storage to run games off of that.

Thanks for any help.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When i play any game with decent graphics my pc shoots up to above 70c most of the time when i am controlling the fans and if i were to have them go any faster my PC might take off. Is there any suggestions for good cooling i should get?
70 is extremely low, you don't need it that low. If you set fans to default what are the temps when you put it under load?
I am also maybe looking to upgrade the cpu or gpu. They can still run games but i seem to not always max fps.
What monitor are you using, what male and model?

Ste98

If i set fans to default my gpu goes well over 80c and when not running games it can go to about 50-55 range. Im not too well knowledged about pcs but when i look online this seems to be high.

lg 34gn850 34" widescreen is my monitor which is probably contributing to the frame drops.

If this is normal then i guess my PC doesnt need an upgrade quite yet xd.

Thanks for your help.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The temperature issues are going to be because you have a 2080 Ti (a very hot card) in a case with basically no cooling. They're not a problem in that they're below the temperature where they would be throttling, but I'd agree it's not ideal to be over 80°C. I'm not sure there's a good solution to that other than drilling a load of holes in the front of the case!

A 2080 Ti and 3800X shouldn't be having any problems playing games on a UWQHD display...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As @sck451 says, there's nothing wrong with the hardware performance wise running that screen, if you're not maxxing the screen it's because of an issue with the setup, not related to hardware or at least not hardware that's working correctly.

If i set fans to default my gpu goes well over 80c and when not running games it can go to about 50-55 range. Im not too well knowledged about pcs but when i look online this seems to be high.
Which profile do you have it on? It needs to be on anything apart from silent, silent won't be enough.

Are the pumps working as expected? You need to verify this as it's possible the pump is on the way out.

Ste98

Thanks for everyones help,

I have cleaned it out recently and have been doing so quite regularly so dust shouldnt be an issue.

For my fans im not too sure how to control them properly. Currently i use msi afterburner so im not sure if its on silent or not.

For the pumps is there a way to check if they are working?

Sorry this has turned into a big help thread as i dont know much about pcs, i do appreciate it though.

Thanks

Ste98

I have an overclock preset that i have set up, i will use that from now on and should get better results. Should the fan curve be at 100% at any point or will it wear out the card? Currently is only goes to 100% if at 90c.

I have got the icue app for the cooler, cant believe ive never used this. I see the fans are set to quiet, i assume i need to up this now to balanced or extreme to help cool better?

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have an overclock preset that i have set up, i will use that from now on and should get better results. Should the fan curve be at 100% at any point or will it wear out the card? Currently is only goes to 100% if at 90c.
If you've got an overclock, that's why the temps are higher. You don't want to overclock Ryzen, it will actually reduce performance because of the way Ryzen cores behave. But that's why your temps are higher. I would remove the OC.

I have got the icue app for the cooler, cant believe ive never used this. I see the fans are set to quiet, i assume i need to up this now to balanced or extreme to help cool better?
They need to be on balanced as a minimum at all times.