AeroCool X-Predator Evil Black

thatjim

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums and I just wanted to show off the rig I ordered a couple of weeks ago. It's scheduled for a Saturday delivery, so I'm hoping to get my hands on it for this weekend. I'm currently at the 'In-building' stage awaiting testing. :)

I've built my own PCs before, but I'm not as skilled as I'd like to be and thought it best to get something a little more professional this time.

My Specs:

Case - AeroCool X-Predator Evil Black Full Tower Gaming Case
Overclocked CPU - Overclocked Intel® Core™i5-3570k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.60GHz)
Motherboard - ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM) - 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card - 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk - 120GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
Memory - 2nd Hard Disk - 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive - 10x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
Memory Card Reader - INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply - CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE
Processor Cooling - COOLIT ECO II C240 DUAL RAD LIQUID CPU COOLER
Extra Case Fans - 2 x 12CM Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Thermal Paste - ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card - ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO
Network Facilities - 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB Options - 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS)
Operating System - Genuine Windows 8 Standard Edition 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence

:)

I'm excited to get hold of this beast in a few days (hopefully)!

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:

Mango(MarkWright)

Enthusiast
This is similar to the one I'm considering getting although I'm getting 2 TX 670's, I recommend 2 GT 670's because they are only a fraction less power than a 690, bit of money spent, but it would be worth it!

thatjim

Delivered this morning :yes: I changed it to a weekday delivery because I couldn't wait :)

Pics later on this evening after I finish work.

I did a quick check and it all looks fantastic except for one thing. There is some damage to the bottom of the case, which looks to have occurred during transit. It's just superficial so I won't be sending it back, but it is disappointing after spending so much money on it. Let's hope the components are ok.

Corfate

Author Level
Delivered this morning :yes: I changed it to a weekday delivery because I couldn't wait :)

I did a quick check and it all looks fantastic except for one thing. There is some damage to the bottom of the case, which looks to have occurred during transit. It's just superficial so I won't be sending it back, but it is disappointing after spending so much money on it. Let's hope the components are ok.

Oi, where are our promised pictures?! ;)

Shame about the damage to the bottom of the case. PCS can only do so much to protect it, but as soon as they hand it over to the couriers, it's out of their hands/protection :(

stebro297

Bronze Level Poster

Fingers crossed for you. Mine had a UK courier trip then one to Europe and all arrived nicely, hopefully that's the only problem you have. :)