After the performance loss from Spectre and Meltdown Patches. Have Intel I9 9900x processors lost the single thread lead over AMD TR 2090x?

Prior to Spectre and Meltdown vulnerability and patches I9 9900x was recommended for creative creation as it tended not to be multicore, that was for rendering and encoding from what I understand.Thread ripper 2950x being way better with rendering and encoding and multi tasking.

I hear these substantially lower I9 9900x performance but little impact on TR processors

After Spectre and Meltdown patches does AMD 2950x have a better or equivalent IPC and better for single threaded application rating than I9 9900x due to the performance decrease due to the patches

Do the patches close the gap in single threaded use so better just to get the AMD 2950x due to the multi thread large advantage?

How much has the gap closed benchmark wise?

As been caught up in the which to go for decision, do these patches.

I will do both creation and rendering/encoding.

Also tend to have lots of browser tabs open,with word, indesign, photoshop, defrag,watching downloaded tv shows on multiple screens whilst editing one video and encoding others or using cad packages at the same time as rendering.

Trying to finalise which build to go for

Use
Adobe Photoshop, After Effects,Premier, Audition, Indesign, Solidworks,Keyshot, Rhino, V Ray, will be using Vectorworks, blender, cinema 4d ,zbrush, Autodesk alais, mudbox, Inventor, 3d Studio Max, Maya, Nuke, modo,etc

Ta

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Wait for Zen 2 CPUs coming out in a month and review options then, as these may offer the best of both worlds for performance.