Alien Swarm

Sweeney47

Valve recently released this game on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/630/).

Its a free game and quite good fun. Its a top down shooter where a facility is being infiltrated/attacked by aliens. 4 Different classes, Officer, Special Weps, Medic, Techmarine of which each class has 2 characters each with different strenghts and weaknesses. For example one of the medics is better at healing and curing infestation whereas the other is more combat orientated.

Lots of weapons to choose from including flame throwers, dual sub machine guns, assault rifles, grenade launcher, sentry turrets etc etc which are unlocked through a 'leveling' system. As you go through missions depending on your kills and 'skills' you pull off (such has killing 6 swarm with one grenade or dodging an enemy projectile by diving) you get points then those points are modified by the difficulty you're playing at.

Anyway... free and good fun... whats stopping you? ;)

Meds

Might give it a bash this weekend if I get time, the "free" bit is what I like about it :)

steveuk87

Super Star
i think thats the bit we allllllllllllll Love!! haha FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! its like a UV light to a bug.. i'm about to go ZAP!!

Steve

LDUK

Master Poster
This game is great an I highly advise people to get it. Hell, I would pay for a game like this!

Sweeney47

me and 3 mates did it on insanity, didnt get out of the second room on the first level, just kept dying :eek:

4 competent people should be able to manage hard, me and a mate nearly completed the second mission on hard just 2 of us...

I see LDUK is getting the practice in now :D

Last edited:

Sweeney47

we may be missing several limbs but we finished the first two missions and got close to finishing the third on Normal... need some backup I think :D

People's Steam info etc can be found HERE so add people and we can make a full squad some time

steveuk87

Super Star
yeah unfortunyly i am not up to playing for long periods atm, but soon me and sweeny will make examples of the alien scum!! (and anyone else who wants to join us)

Steve

Al.Neri

Super Star
tried playing it myself, couldn't get used to the keyboard controls, which is a shame because it looks like a half decent game.

Pete

Bright Spark
shame there's no single player version as i'd give this a go.... reminds me of Alien Breed on the Amiga

Edit : ok so i couldn't resist, very nice little game indeed

Last edited:

JSG10

Expert
Started playing this yesterday. Not bad :)
Add me on Steam, you'll find me under the PCS group, Viking85.