All the gear no idea!

Hi all

I’m a pretty clueless and desperate mum trying to help my 14 yr old get his headset and mic working together on his new pc. It would seem he can only have either sound or mic, not both.
He’s operating on windows 10 and is using Logitech headset which came with a splitter to plug in. One for sound one for mic.
Do I need to amend some settings to get both to work?
Not sure who’s more frustrated, me or me lad 😭🙈

steaky360

Where have you plugged the headset into currently? Is it a PC or a Laptop (incidentally, the specs would be handy)?

If the headset has a combined mic/input jack and your PC needs this split out then you'll need to use the splitter and plug the headset into the correct ports on the rear of the computer. The headset port on the front is likely just for a headset and unless your case has a mic in on the front (which it might... I'm not sure what case you have) you'll need to plug it into the back/rear of the case.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As above - and if you could post the full spec from your order page, and the model of your Logitech headset, that would help people see what you're dealing with

Where have you plugged the headset into currently? Is it a PC or a Laptop (incidentally, the specs would be handy)?

If the headset has a combined mic/input jack and your PC needs this split out then you'll need to use the splitter and plug the headset into the correct ports on the rear of the computer. The headset port on the front is likely just for a headset and unless your case has a mic in on the front (which it might... I'm not sure what case you have) you'll need to plug it into the back/rear of the case.

Hi
As above - and if you could post the full spec from your order page, and the model of your Logitech headset, that would help people see what you're dealing with

Thanks for responding.
The headset is a Logitech G332 gaming headset.
My pc casing has two ports at the front. One for mic and one for headset so I have used a splitter to connect.
A box then pops up on the monitor to select either mic or headset, no option for both.
I’m running Windows 10 and wondered if there was something in the settings??

VenatoS

Bottom right corner, Speaker Icon, Right click on it and select what I marked with red on the image.
Then make sure the device is selected as default for both microphone and speaker.

Attachments

• image01.jpg
    image01.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 186
I’ve just tried it and when I default to line in it just doesn’t pick up any sound on the headset. I know they work as they are fine on Xbox.
Driving me mad now 😭

VenatoS

It is really hard to advise without seeing it & hearing.
Do you not have anyone tech savy who could have a look?
I feel it is a simple try and error which you would need to do.

Do you have any other headphones / earphones you could try?

I only get sound if I choose headphone. Line in doesn’t work, neither does mic in.

Attachments

• 12BA3902-FD34-43BC-9D78-C588258FB96A.jpeg
    12BA3902-FD34-43BC-9D78-C588258FB96A.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 188
Hi, yes I tried it, and changing the default which does work for sound but still not on mic.
I’m going to take it in somewhere and see if they can get it working.
Thanks for trying to help everyone.👍🏻