Am I doing it right? :)

Vaio

Enthusiast
Got my Akasa vipers this morning! so quick.
There were no instructions but I'm guessing it's pretty straight forward..
I've taken a few pictures could you please have a look at them and make sure I've done it correct before I start putting it back together.
(The fans will be blowing IN air)
P.S they're not my bedsheets :)
Does it matter what way they are up?
imag0189y.jpg

imag0188rv.jpg

imag0187ua.jpg

Corfate

Author Level
If they're pulling air in from the outside, you need to turn them over :) The part with the viper logo on in the 3rd photo needs to be against the honeycomb mesh :)

Also, no it doesn't. Just make sure it's easy to hide the cables :)

Vaio

Enthusiast
Okay so I've connected both fans one into the CPU opt and the other into fan 4, when I open up AI suite it's showing fan 4 is running at max speed 1900RPM and I'm not sure how to control it? same goes for CPU opt it's running at 600RPM

tom_gr7

Life Serving
did you turn them over like corfate said? you could plug the fans into another port on the mobo, (make sure its off when you do)

Vaio

Enthusiast
did you turn them over like corfate said? you could plug the fans into another port on the mobo, (make sure its off when you do)

Yeah I turned them over, and where else on the motherboard can I put it? I could only see two 4 pin connectors

tom_gr7

Life Serving
wht mobo have you got mate? it will say in ya mobo manual, they dont need to be 4 pin connections.

Vaio

Enthusiast
I ran a fan tuning setting on AI suite and it seems to be under control, although when in silent or standard mode, fans 3 and 4 are completely off.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Well, theres a few options you could take,

1 - Buy a fan controller for 5-6 fans, not ideal really,
2 - you could buy a pwm Y cable, to connect two of the vipers to one plug on the mobo - again not ideal as would result in the both the fans drawing power from the mobo, I dont really like doing that.
3- You could connect all the 5 case fans using one cable to one 4 pin socket on the mobo, they will then spin at the same speed. You could set a profile for it too. the cable connects to the psu, so the mobo isnt powering the fans, just controlling the fan speed. using a cable like this mate - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Akasa-AK-CBFA03-45-Flexa-Splitter-Cable/dp/B005EKU5CO

Vaio

Enthusiast
I've figured it out now, the fans 3 and 4 only came on when the CPU reaches a temp of 45celcius, I've changed them to run at 500rpm same as the other fans. Thanks for your help.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I've figured it out now, the fans 3 and 4 only came on when the CPU reaches a temp of 45celcius, I've changed them to run at 500rpm same as the other fans. Thanks for your help.

oh good dude, glad ya got it sorted :)