Amazed

i ordered a laptop yesterday and it went into processing, this morning it was in processing, just checked now and it in building. it seems to have gone through pre production very fast, when it states this is usually the longest part. is this normal?

Production Dates
Processed Date 22-10-2012
Pre-Production Date 23-10-2012
Build Date 23-10-2012
Who Worked on This Order?
Built By Carl Auckland

steaky360

Pre-production is typically the longest part of a build but its nothing to be concerned about if its faster - Only issue is if you decide to change any components now the laptop is in building you may have to pay a charge.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Pre-production is just the bit where various bits sit on a shelf prior to actually building it. The reason it is usually the "longest part" is because of the natural queue that forms. However, where a simpler system is ordered, this part of the process can whip through rather quickly and put you into building almost right away :)

DED

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
The laptop I ordered in August 2011 was ordered, built and dispatched in the space of 24 hours...good isn't it?! :D

manamal

Im sure they have pre-builds that just need some changes depending on your order and how busy they are; you were obviously lucky :p

Enjoy sooner

M

this is what i got
Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 15.6" AUO Matte 95% Gamut Widescreen (1920x1080) (£79)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3740QM (2.70GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670M - 1.5GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

manamal

Well there are a couple of chnages in there (and it sounds fairly similar) ;)

As you say in your Thread name "Amazed" YOu must have just got lucky... Enjoy when it arrives

M

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Cool stuff buddy :) Like others said I think pre-production is mainly just waiting for parts or being in a queue. I ordered mine yesterday so hopefully your order is an indication that they're getting through the queue's quickly at the moment!

Lucky you, I placed my order 9 days ago and it's still sat in the pre-production stage! It really doesn't help that I'm not the most patient of people either, I just want it now! :D