Amazon Spring Sale 2023

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just starting this to share any 'bargains' I find. Of course, I know a lot of the discounts are 'fake', so I'll try to whittle those out.

For example, there's a 15% saving on a Samsung Odyssey Neo G8...but it's exactly the same price as shown on the Samsung site...so the 15% discount is BS...plus you can send in a crappy old monitor to Samsung and get £100 trade-in.
Please feel free to contribute anything you spot.

Last edited:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thanks Tony, I’m eyeing up the Samsung Odyssey G6 27” 1440p https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BMM57RWH/ref=ewc_pr_img_3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

It seems like a good deal at £399, but like you mentioned, I’m not sure whether it’s a fake sale.
Well, if you install an extension such as Keepa, you can check historical prices...
2023-03-29_08-30-03.jpg

Seems to show it's the lowest Amazon have ever had it at, and their listing for it only started in January, so it's quite new.

However, looking on the Samsung site, it's exactly the same price...so whilst not a 'fake' discount over original MSRP, it's 0% discount on current MSRP.

Steve91

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for that- I feel a bit pressured as the sale ends at midnight. It seems like a direct refresh of the G7 with TV ‘smart’ features, which can be ignored of course.

Steve91

Bronze Level Poster
I'm potentially going to impulse buy the Samsung Odyssey G8 OLED 34" 3440x1440:

The sale ends at midnight, but I'm so tempted due to the major drawbacks of VA and IPS panels. I also have an LG C2 65" already, so I feel that VA or IPS will feel like a massive downgrade, and the OLED would be more of a sideways step.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
As long as you don‘t do much work on it, then it will be similar experience to my Alienware OLED…I.e. great for gaming & movies.

I did try tweaking the Cleartext settings to make text look nicer in Word and websites, but then I realised I’ve got a 5K Mac Studio display for that 🤣

Steve91

Bronze Level Poster
I'm gutted to say that I cancelled. I'm going with my gut and sticking with a 2560x1440p monitor (haven't managed to decide on one yet). I would also be using the monitor for work (lots of written documents), so the text clarity made me pause, unfortunately.

I truly detest how indecisive I am.