AMD 4000 Series

DrozenB

Recently I've been lurking in the forums and in youtube to maximize my chances of buying a decent computer. I was initially going to acquire a desktop from PCS but decided not to due to how much space I currently have available, I'm also worried because I move around a lot and transporting a big machine with a 27' monitor is not ideal. Currently I am planning on getting a laptop from PCS because of their amazing prices, I've done a lot of research on that in particular and couldn't find any other competitors matching their prices. I built a fairly decent laptop with a 2070 (matches the 2060S I was going to get for the pc) with an intel core i7 9750H. This all changed when AMD announced a new line of laptop CPUs this year, promissing to obliterate intel in the laptop market too, so I figured I'd wait to see how it turns out. Any predictions on when these new AMD gaming CPUs are going to be available at PCS? How much would it cost in comparison to the intel CPU? Is it worth waiting?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
AMD’s partners have put tentative release dates for their hardware in March, April, and May, some come the end of Q2 we should see a healthy number of AMD Ryzen 4000 designs in the market.

So probably a while. Performance wise it is probably not worth waiting, assuming for games, since you'll be mostly GPU limited anyway. Thermals-wise, however, it could be worth the wait...