AMD FSR (FidelityFX Super Resolution): Answer to DLSS

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

This came across my feed a couple of days ago and totally forgot to post about it.

Any of you with an AMD GPU will be very pleased to know AMD's answer to DLSS is right around the corner, hopefully games will adopt it sharpish:

CMP01

Enthusiast
Good news.

Already threw down on a 6800XT though. However, it is for getting as much out of big games at 3440x1440 144Hz and 4K 120Hz as I can for absolutely as long as it can eke it out... at least 3 years or more. I kind of went the same way with the other specs too. Think I got some PC megalomania thing but YOLO. I've waited a long time and been through a lot for this and to reach this point in life.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I haven't watched the GN review, but I have to say I wasn't expecting the HUB and LTT reviews to be so positive. Seems like a big deal, even if the game support on launch isn't too exciting.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I haven't watched the GN review, but I have to say I wasn't expecting the HUB and LTT reviews to be so positive. Seems like a big deal, even if the game support on launch isn't too exciting.
Yeah, I'm really impressed, pretty universally considered a far better effort than DLSS v1 which in itself is impressive and not too far off DLSS v2.

This makes AMD's far more competitive.

loso64

any form of competition on the market is good. FSR might not be currently supported by many games or might not be on the level of DLSS 2.0 (yet). But it is great start, and finger crossed for AMD even tho i have nvidia.

More competition, better products, features and prices for consumers, a.k.a us.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Had to download updates to Steam games that have added the feature - Evil Genius 2 and Terminator: Resistance are two that specified support for it. Now I can go back to my 3080 and ignore it!